With the popularity of the QuickBooks software, widespread market availability has come up now even on the Mac platform. Earlier QuickBooks was the ideal accounting software for Windows users alone. However, due to its utility now, the Mac operating software users are also showing keen interest in using it for their accounting tasks. However, there is just the QuickBooks Crash Catcher Mac Error which stands in their way.
QuickBooks is a software that aims at delivering accounting services for all small and medium-scale business firms. They can use this software for all of their financial tasks ranging from, tax updates, tax payments, payroll services, scheduling, deductions etc. All that helps the firm achieve a high-efficiency in the business world.
However, if your firm runs its operations on the Mac OS, then a QB Mac crash catcher error popup can force the software to quit all of a sudden. Due to that, the tasks stay incomplete and the firm suffers as a whole.
Therefore, here all the details regarding the crash catcher Mac error shall come to light. The ways to resolve this issue will also appear thereon. However, if you cannot follow it due to time constraints or any other reason, you can contact our team.
Recommended to read: QuickBooks Error 1723
Why the QB Crash Catcher Error Occurs?
The main cause behind the QB crash catcher error is ignorance regarding updates. QuickBooks is a software that releases regular updates. However, most of the time a user chooses to ignore them. So, when you keep ignoring the updates over a long period, you end up using an outdated version. That is the likely scenario where this trouble appears usually.
However, there are a few other possible reasons behind the QB crash Catcher Mac issue. Those could be any or all of the following:
- Because there is an unverified QuickBooks company file in the system.
- Due to the Third-party applications on the system. Such third-party apps may end up obstructing QuickBooks processes if not eliminated.
- When you fail to possess sufficient administrative rights to run the software on Mac OS.
How To Troubleshoot QuickBooks Crash Catcher Error in Mac?
Once the QuickBooks Crash catcher Error in Mac appears, you can follow the below-given steps for its resolution:
Solution: By Updating your QuickBooks to the Latest Maintenance Release on Mac
In order to do that:
- You need to select the Update QuickBooks Desktop option from the help menu on Mac. After that, you can move on to the Update Now tab to check-mark the reset update box option. Once you reset the update box, you can select the option to get new updates. Following this, you must select the same option to commence the process.
- Once the download is over, the next step is to restart the QuickBooks software and follow the instructions for installation.
- Usually, updating the software on Mac will solve the issue immediately. However, if the crash catcher error sustains, then you must utilize the Verify and Rebuild Data Tool from QuickBooks utilities.
The above way should see a quick fix for the QuickBooks Crash Catcher Mac error. However, despite following it carefully, the crash catcher appears, you can contact our team. The professionals shall help you everywhere once you dial the1.855.738.2784.