QuickBooks is an excellently-designed accounting software that is famous among small businesses worldwide. Its advanced tools and reliability are the reasons for its domination of the accounting software market.
Like any other technological product, errors and problems do occur in the QuickBooks. One of those errors is the QuickBooks Error 6190 77. It occurs when the user attempts to open the company file in the QB desktop.
Read this blog till the end to find some reliable solutions if you are also confronting this error.
One of the best ways to solve QuickBooks Error 6190 77 is to consult it with a certified specialist. Dial 1.855.738.2784 to get fast and reliable support anytime, any day.
Root Causes of the QB Error Message 6190 77
Some of the most common reasons for the QB Error Message 6190 77 are as follows:
- The folder holding your company file may have got corrupted or damaged.
- It is possible that the .ND and .TLG files in your QB desktop are damaged or corrupted due to some reasons.
- This error also gets triggered if the firewall or the Internet Explorer settings are not configured correctly on the computer.
Recommended to read: QuickBooks Error 12029
Reliable Methods to Eliminate the QB Error Code 6190 77
You can utilize these methods to rectify the QB Error Code 6190 77:
Method 1: Rectify this error by transferring the company file to a new folder
- Navigate to the ‘C: drive’ on your system and head towards the folder holding your company file.
- After opening the folder, identify the ‘.qbw’ file and right-click on its icon.
- Choose the ‘Copy’ tab and then create a new folder in the ‘C: drive’.
- You should now paste the file that you have just copied into the new folder.
- You can now hit the ‘QB desktop’ icon to open it and also navigate to the new folder to open the company file.
Are you still unable to open the company file? Jump towards the following solution.
Method 2: Eliminate the error by executing the QB File Doctor tool from the QB Tool Hub
- You should proceed towards your web browser and open it. After opening the browser, head towards the Intuit website.
- Now download the newest version (184.108.40.206) of the QuickBooks Tool Hub on your computer.
- After saving the file on your system, you can open it (QuickBooksToolHub.exe).
- When the installation is done, you should double-click on its icon to open the tool hub.
- Head towards the ‘Company File Issues’ option in the tool hub and hit the ‘Run QuickBooks File Doctor’ icon.
- Once the file doctor tool opens, identify your company file and hit the ‘Check your file’ tab.
- Tap on the ‘Continue’ button and type your QB Admin password.
- You should strike the ‘Next’ button to start the scanning process.
- You can open your company file after the scan is completed.
If the error is not resolved, head towards the following solution.
Method 3: Ensure that a new name is provided to the .ND and .TLG files
- You should head towards the folder containing your company file and identify those files that have the same name as that of your company file. Further, these files should have .ND and .TLG as extensions.
- An example is this file: ‘compnew_file.qbw.nd’ and ‘compnew_file.qbw.tlg’.
- You should now right-click on each of these files and hit the ‘Rename’ tab.
- Now you should write ‘.old’ at the end of each file extension and strike the ‘Enter’ key of the keyboard.
- You can consider this example:’compnew_file.qbw.nd.old’ and ‘compnew_file.qbw.tlg.old’.
- You can now move towards opening your company file.
You have got deep and precise information about the QuickBooks Error 6190 77. The solutions mentioned in this blog are very accurate and they are designed to resolve this error in the quickest way.
If you require further assistance, you can dial 1.855.738.2784 to get instant help from our QuickBooks Support Team.