QuickBooks is a reliable accounting application that provides innovative solutions to its users. It is technologically advanced and affordable software that has become popular globally.
Like any other software, QuickBooks is also affected by display issues. QuickBooks Black and White Screen is a problem in which users report that many fields in the QB desktop become black instead of the usual white. This causes severe discomfort to users and affects their productivity.
You should read this blog to the end if you are confronting this troublesome error.
Are you unable to quickly fix the QuickBooks Black and White Screen Problem? Dial 1.855.738.2784 to contact our QuickBooks support team for professional advice and help.
Root Causes of the QB Desktop Black and White Screen Error
Some of the most common reasons for the QB Desktop Black and White Screen Error are as follows:
- Generally, you may encounter display problems when you are using the QB application for a considerably long time. It is because of some issues with the QB desktop and the system.
- If the video card drivers on your system are outdated, you may confront this error.
- Another possible cause is the incorrect resolution of the QB desktop’s screen on your computer.
Recommended to read: QuickBooks Error 6190 83
Techniques to Resolve the QB Application Black and White Screen Issue
You can implement the following techniques to rectify the QB Application Black and White Screen Issue:
Technique 1: Eliminate the QB Black Screen Issue by executing the Quick Fix my Program tool
You can execute the Quick Fix my Program tool for fixing the QB Black Screen Issue:
- You should proceed to open the official website of Intuit after launching your web browser and download the latest available release (220.127.116.11) of the QB tool hub on your system.
- After saving the downloaded file to an appropriate location such as Windows desktop, you should open it (QuickBooksToolHub.exe) and follow the necessary steps for the installation.
- As soon as installation is completed, you should open the QB tool hub and hit the ‘Program Problems’ tab.
- Now strike the ‘Quick Fix my Program’ tool and ensure that it completes its entire run.
- Once you notice that the tool run is finished, you can open the QB application on the system.
If you find that the Black Screen problem persists, move on to the following solution.
Technique 2: Make sure that the Video card drivers on the computer are updated to the latest version
- You should tap the ‘Windows + R’ keys on your keyboard to launch the ‘Run’ command and write the word ‘dxdiag’ in the search box.
- Hit the ‘Enter’ key on the keyboard and choose the ‘Display 1’ option among all the options on the screen.
- At this point, you should identify the manufacturer and model of your Video card driver and download the latest updates through the official website of the manufacturer.
If the error remains even after using this technique, jump to the following solution.
Technique 3: Rectify the error by changing the theme of the Windows desktop to Basic
- You should perform the right-click on your desktop and strike on the ‘Personalize’ tab.
- Among the different themes on the screen, you should select a Basic theme and restart your system.
- Once your computer opens, you can launch the QB application.
After going through this blog, you have now familiarized yourself with the QuickBooks Black and White Screen issue. The techniques that you read here are very effective, and they need to be used in a sequential manner.
For further technical help and support, feel free to reach out to our QuickBooks experts by simply dialling 1.855.738.2784.