As you must know, the company file can be accessed in single-user mode as well as multi-user mode; at times, you might come across issues when you fail to run the data file in multi-user mode. Now, you must be wondering what causes this particular issue and why the QuickBooks multi-user mode not working. To clarify all these questions, we have focused on the reasons that triggered the error and two aptest yet instant solutions in this detailed blog. Go ahead and give it a complete read.
If you are unable to switch to multi-user from the single-user mode due to some technical problem, feel free to get in touch with one of the certified professionals for help via our Toll-Free 1.855.738.2784.
Why Am I Unable to Turn On the Multi-User Mode?
As a lot of factors affect such an issue, let us have a look at the most common reasons. Read them out briefly-
- Some of the QuickBooks services might not be working because of which the problem encounters.
- If the transaction log and network data files have caused any damage, then also there is a probability of incurring the glitch.
You may read also : QuickBooks Update Error 1625
What Am I Supposed to do if Multi-User Mode Does Not Function on My QuickBooks Desktop?
Go through the following instructions and perform each one of them carefully if you are looking for solutions to fix the issue appropriately-
SOLUTION 1: Check for the QuickBooks Services on the Host Computer
- Go to the ‘Start’ menu of the server computer and type in ‘Run’ in the space provided.
- When the ‘Run’ dialog box pops up on the screen, enter ‘Services.msc’.
- Press the ‘Enter’ key, and then from the services list, search for the ‘QuickBooksDBXX’.
- After you find it, click twice on the service.
- In the further step, choose ‘Automatic’ when asked to set the startup type.
- Click the ‘Start’ button if the service status is not running.
- Now, shift to the ‘Recovery’ section and click on the following drop-down arrows- First failure, Second failure, and Subsequent failure.
- Opt for the ‘Restart the Service’ option from all those menus.
- To confirm the action, hit the ‘Apply’ button and then ‘OK’.
- Perform these similar steps for QBCFMonitorService as well.
SOLUTION 2: Update the Names of the Transaction Log and Network Data Files
- At first, you are required to go to the location of the company file folder.
- After you open the folder, check which files have the .ND and .TLG extensions and identical names as your data file.
- Once you spot both the files, right-click on one of them and select the ‘Rename’ option.
- Replace the current name by adding .old at the end of the file name.
- Press the ‘Enter’ key to save the change.
- Similarly, go through these same instructions for the other file as well.
- Finally, open QuickBooks and run your company file.
We tried our best to provide you with the relevant details about the ‘QuickBooks Multi-User Mode Not Working’ issue. If, apart from what has been given here, you require any additional guidance, connect with the technical experts’ team through our Toll-Free 1.855.738.2784.