“You’ve retrieved the newest payroll update and validated your Payroll subscription. We strongly recommend you go online again before mm/dd/yyyy. [PS038].” this is often an error message that users receive when they encounter the QuickBooks error PS038. The error is usually seen while updating the payroll or using this feature. The significant cause behind this error is an outdated subscription of the payroll that users often do not update. Before implementing the solutions listed in this blog, check for an active payroll subscription.
Eradicating payroll errors can be complex and invite many other mistakes, even if one troubleshooting step goes wrong. Therefore, you must consider receiving troubleshooting services from the QuickBooks professionals available at 1.855.738.2784.
Solutions for the QuickBooks Error PS038
We have enlisted numerous solutions that you can employ to get rid of this error. But initially, ensure that you have updated the payroll tax tables, all the credentials and the pieces of information you have inserted are correct, QuickBooks has been updated to the latest released versions, and so is Microsoft Windows and stable Internet connectivity. Once you are sure of all these aspects, you can proceed with the troubleshooting below.
Solution 1: Try Sending Data From Payroll
- Launch the payroll tab in QuickBooks and go to the ‘Employees’ window under the ‘My Payroll Services’ option.
- Click on ‘Send Usage Data’ And see if the data is being sent or not.
- If the information is successfully sent, then try updating the payroll again.
- If the data fails to send, then proceed with the next solution.
You may read also: QuickBooks Error 30159
Solution 2: Check the status of the payroll
- In the QB application, go to the ‘edit’ option and select ‘find,’ followed by selecting the ‘advanced’ tab.
- Move further by choosing the ‘choose filter’ tab and looking for the ‘Filter List.’
- From the list, select ‘Detail Level’ and then select ‘Summary Only.’
- Again, under the ‘Choose filter’ tab, search for the status and determine ‘online status.’
- On the right-hand side, you will see a drop-down list, click on it and then select ‘online to send.’
- Finally, click on the ‘find’ option to see all the unsent paychecks.
Solution 3: Bring the ‘Verify and Rebuild’ Data Tool into use
- To avoid any data loss or data corruption, it is a prerequisite to taking a backup of all the essential files before running this tool.
- Launch the tool and select the ‘Rebuild now’ Option.
- Wait till the automatic rebuild process gets completed, and then try checking the status of the unsent paychecks.
- Reboot the system, send the paychecks again, and update the tax tables.
If the troubleshooting did not yield you the productive results further QuickBooks error PS038, then you must immediately call the QuickBooks team of troubleshooting experts at 1.855.738.2784 and hire a skillful payroll professional two quickly settle all the glitches securely.
Related Search Terms: Can’t Update Payroll PS038 Error, Error Code PS038 in QuickBooks, Error PS038 While Updating Payroll, Fix Payroll Update Error PS038
Recommended to read: QuickBooks Already Has A Company File