The QuickBooks software provides both single-user and multi-user modes to its users. The multi-user mode allows numerous different computers to have access to the same company file simultaneously. This essential feature for companies makes QuickBooks a great accounting software. But sometimes, while users switch to multi-user mode, QuickBooks cannot establish a connection with the server, and QuickBooks Error H303 occurs. It indicates that the company file is on another computer, and QuickBooks might need some help connecting. Such an error generally occurs because the multi-user connection to the server is being blocked and can be fixed using QuickBooks Database Server Manager. This article will help you understand the steps you must take to fix the H303 error, so make sure to look through it until the very end.
If you need to fix the QB H303 error immediately or resolve issues related to multi-user mode, contact us at 1-855-856-0042 and get in touch with our technical team.
Reasons that trigger the H303 error in QuickBooks
The error H303 error occurs in QuickBooks when the multi-user connection to the server is being blocked because of some reason which includes:-
- The hosting settings on the server computer might need to be configured.
- The firewall security settings on your computer could be disturbing the QuickBooks multi-user mode.
- QuickBooks services like the QBCFMonitor and QuickBooksDBXX might not be running or activated.
- There could be a problem with your QuickBooks Database Server Manager.
Recommended to read: QuickBooks Error 6175
How to Eradicate QuickBooks Error Code H303?
To fix the H303 error in QuickBooks, you can either try running the QuickBooks Database Manager on your computer or taking some manual steps:-
Run the QuickBooks Database Server Manager and the QuickBooks File Doctor Tools present in the QuickBooks Tool Hub
You can run the tools from QuickBooks Tool Hub with these steps:-
- First, download theQuickBooks Tool Hub from Intuit’s official website and install it on your computer.
- Now in the tool hub, run the QuickBooks database server managerfrom the Network Issues section. To begin repairing your company files, you will need to select the Start Scan
- After the database server manager is done running, restart the tool hub and head to Company File Issues.
- Now run the QuickBooks File Doctor Toolfrom here and then relaunch QuickBooks.
Perform manual troubleshooting for the H303 error
Some manual steps which will help you fix the error include:-
- First, check thehosting settings of your server computer and make sure it is allowed to host multi-user access.
- Also, ensure that QuickBooks services likeQBCFMonitor and QuickBooksDBXX (XX is your QuickBooks version) are running on your network’s server computer.
- Check your firewall settings and ensure it is not blocking QuickBooks multi-user mode’s connection to the server.
- Finally,ping the server computer from each workstation to check the server computer’s connection with all the workstations.
This is how you can eradicate the QuickBooks error H303. You must keep the QuickBooks tool hub installed on your system if you use QuickBooks to perform faster rectification of errors. Execute the steps in the same order as in this article for a hassle-free experience. If you still get the H303 error, get immediate support from our technical team by contacting us at 1-855-856-0042.
Also read: QuickBooks Error 1904