The QuickBooks 6000 error series is a very common occurrence. When you are having issues while opening or creating a company file, you might be facing the QuickBooks error 6129. The error occurs when the database connection verification fails. The error prevents the user from accessing the QuickBooks company needs to be addressed immediatelyfile and needs to be addressed immediately. If you are getting the error 6129 in QuickBooks and want to know how to resolve it, keep reading this article. We are going to provide you with steps to eliminate this error code effectively.
If you are unable to understand the steps or resolve the error on your own, you can reach out to us at 1-855-856-0042 and get assistance from our support team.
Reasons for the QuickBooks Company File Error 6129
The QuickBooks error code 6129 can occur due to the following reasons –
- Your anti-virus program is the interfering with QuickBooks functioning.
- The network data file used to connect with the company file is damaged.
- The file you are trying to access is located on a different domain in the network.
- You have recently updated your company file using a non-admin account.
Terminating the QuickBooks Error Message 6129
The error 6129 in QuickBooks Desktop can be resolved with the following steps –
Recommended to read: QuickBooks Keeps Crashing
Step 1. Fix the Issues with the Network Data File by Renaming it
The QuickBooks error 6129 can cause due to issues with the network data file. Fix the .ND file by modifying its name.
- Navigate to the QuickBooks Installation Folderfrom the Windows File Manager.
- Find the file with .NDextension and right-click on it to select Rename.
- Add .OLD at the end of the file name as a suffix and hit Enterto save the modification.
- Now open QuickBooks and access the company file again to check the status of the error.
Step 2. Create a New Folder for your QB Company File
Create a new folder on your Desktop to copy the company file and fix the QB company file error 6129.
- Copy the QuickBooks company file and paste it into the new folder created on your Desktop.
- Open QuickBooks and access the company file from the new location.
- If you are able to, then the problem was with the company file folder in QuickBooks.
- If you are still unable to open the QuickBooks company file, go to the next troubleshooting step.
Step 3. Perform a System Reboot in Windows Safe Mode
The Windows startup mode can be enabled to reboot your system. This will help in eliminating the QB error code 6129.
- Restart your computer and press F8when the system displays the boot screen.
- Go to the Advanced Boot Options tab and select Safe Mode with Networking.
- Log in with your admin credentials and access the QuickBooks company file.
The QuickBooks error 6129 can be easily resolved with the help of the above-provided steps. If the error code persists, you can get in touch with our team of experts at 1-855-856-0042 to get help in fixing the error.
Also read: QuickBooks Error 6130