When the QuickBooks company file doesn’t launch or open, the QuickBooks error 6210 pops up. It happens when you are trying to access the company file on a workstation that isn’t configured. The error prevents you from working on your company data and can be really frustrating for the users. The error code is a multi-user issue that can be caused due to various possible reasons. If you are facing the QuickBooks company file error 6210 and are struggling to get rid of it, you can follow the steps given in this blog to resolve it.
If you are unable to address the error or perform the steps, you can get assistance from our technical team by dialing +1-855-856-0042.
What Triggers the QuickBooks Multi-User Error 6210?
The QuickBooks error code 6210 can arise due to the following reasons –
- The QuickBooks application is not correctly installed on your computer.
- The installation process was faulty and did not complete.
- There is damage to the Windows registry or it is corrupted.
- If the network data file is damaged, the QuickBooks error 6210 can occur.
Addressing the QuickBooks Error Message 6210 Effectively
If you are encountering the QuickBooks company file error 6210, follow the steps given below –
Step 1. Terminate the QuickBooks Processes from the Task Manager
Firstly, log in as a Windows admin to run QuickBooks and then perform the following steps –
- Open the Task Manager and go to the Users tab to show all processes.
- Select each QuickBooks process starting with QB or QBW and having the .exe extension and select End Process.
- Once done, try accessing your company file again and see if the error is eliminated.
Step 2. Activate the Database Server Manager from QB Tool Hub
The QuickBooks multi-user error 6210 can be rectified by running the QuickBooks Database Server Manager tool. For this, go to the QuickBooks Tool Hub and select the Network Issues tab to run the server manager. Select Start Scan and browse your company file to run a quick scan. The tool will fix the company file issues occurring in the multi-user mode.
you may also read: QuickBooks error PS036
Step 3. Mend the Damage to the Network Data and Transaction Log Files
If your .ND or .TLG files are damaged, rename them to fix the file issues and resolve the QuickBooks error code 6210.
- Open the QuickBooks folder containing the company file and find the files with .ND and .TLG
- Right-click the file names and select Rename to edit their names.
- Add .OLD as a suffix to the file names and hit Enter to save the modifications.
- Now, access your company file again and see if the QuickBooks company file error 6210 is resolved.
After going through all the steps if you still get to see the error code then you should reach out for the help from our team of specialists.
Getting errors while accessing the company file is common and the QuickBooks error 6210 is one such error that can be easily resolved with a few relevant steps. Perform the steps given above and if the error still exists, you can contact us at +1-855-856-0042 and get immediate assistance from our support team.