QuickBooks is a globally used application by business companies to effectively manage their financial records. The wide variety of features requires multiple services in the background for smooth functioning one of which includes QuickBooks Company File Monitor Service.
This service is executed from the qbcfmonitorservice.exe file which allows the users to run QuickBooks in multi-user mode. If the service is unable to work on the desktop, QBCFmonitorservice not running on this computer arises. In this blog, we will learn ways to fix this issue and avoid further complications of this issue. If you have any questions regarding the QuickBooks Desktop, please contact our support team for help at +1-855-856-0042.
Possible Factors Responsible For QuickBooks Monitor Service Not Working
QuickBooks Monitor Service Not Working can be triggered by the following factors:
- Incompatible Settings: QuickBooks installed on the desktop is not properly set up with the correct procedure to host the company file in multi-user mode.
- Missing Manager Service: QuickBooks Database Manager Service is accidentally deleted causing inefficiency of QuickBooks company file monitor service.
- Outdated QuickBooks Application: An older version of the QuickBooks Application can cause various problems in the system.
- Windows Incompatibility: Windows operating system is incompatible with the QuickBooks Settings.
Short guide to resolve the QuickBooks error 6123
Fixing Monitor Service Issues in the QuickBooks Desktop
In order to set up multi-user mode without getting interrupted by monitor service issues in the QuickBooks desktop
1. Verify Multi-User Mode:
- Open QuickBooks desktop and go to the Files tab. Sin the Utilities section, choose Access Multi-User Mode.
- Click Yes and make sure you are hosting multi-user access on only this server.
- To make sure QuickBooks is not hosting multi-user mode in any other workstations, under the file tab check the option you are getting. If you see Switch to Multi-user then your account is in Single User Mode but if you see Switch to Single User then you are using the account in Multi-user mode.
- In that cases, follow steps 1 and 2.
Read more: QuickBooks Error 6000 83
2. Set Up QuickBooks Database Manager:
- Open the Run windows by pressing Windows + R and in the search bar type services.msc.
- A list will come up where you have to Search for QBDBXX. Check the Properties to see if the service has stopped.
- Change the Set-Up type from Automatic to Manual under the General Tab.
- On the Log On tab, select the Local System account from this account options and repair the system under Recovery Tab.
3. Use QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tools:
- Download QuickBooks Diagnostic Tools and run the tool by double clicking on the QuickBooksToolHub.exe.Agree to the given Terms and Conditions and close all other programs to avoid errors.
- In the Programs Installation tab, choose QuickBooks Diagnostic Tools. It will automatically start scanning your QuickBooks for around 20-30 minutes depending on your desktop’s performance.
- After completion, re-start the Windows and open QuickBooks to check the existence of errors, if any.
QBCFmonitorservice not running on this computer can be troublesome and create major issues in the future. To fix this problem, you can try the above-mentioned procedure step-by-step. If the error still persists, or you have any queries try dialing our support team at +1-855-856-0042.