Dubai has evolved into a business hub that has transformed industry scenarios on a massive scale in every sector. When it comes to the beauty sector, Dubai is a famous destination with no pricks. According to a new report, the UAE has spent over $2 billion on millions of cosmetic goods, clearing the path for foreign investors and entrepreneurs to enter the industry. Starting a spa business in Dubai is one of the simplest ways to enter this market. Dubai is a well-known tourist destination, attracting millions of visitors each year, and the spa is one of the best places to visit when travellers are looking for a place to relax and unwind.
In Dubai, the beauty industry is booming, and it’s a lucrative business for trained connoisseurs who know how to make clients feel like they’re being adorned. Pedicures, manicures, hair care, facials, waxing, and aromatherapy are among the beauty services offered by spas. Competition in the sector flings by providing the most luxurious pampering services in a clean and tidy setting with qualified and courteous staff. Spas can be found at Dubai’s luxury hotels catering to the tourist industry, as well as retail and residential sites catering to the regional market. If you want to start a spa business, Dubai is the place to do it. However, before you begin the processes, you must first obtain a spa licence, which gives you the legal authority to do so.
Things to Consider Before Applying for a Spa License:
- Spa business choices: A spa can be started as a small business, or you can buy a franchise or an existing spa. In that circumstance, only the highest authorities may validate insurance claims and other forms of assistance.
- Range of services: Determine your target demographic and decide whether a simple spa or a spa that will provide additional beauty services is required.
- License and permits: NOCs, permissions, insurance, grants, and other key credentials must be obtained from the appropriate authorities in order for your firm to run smoothly. No objection certificates and other fundamental declarations, in particular, are required for operating a fully recognised firm in Dubai.
- Funds: Depending on the location and type of spa, an analysis of the necessary investments for your spa business and its income over a specified time period can be provided.
- Location hunting: The most difficult task when starting a spa business is choosing the correct site. Choosing a major location for a spa in Dubai can be a difficult and time-consuming task.
Everything you should learn while starting a Spa in Dubai:
To start a spa business in Dubai, the government requires all spas to meet basic criteria in order to ensure that customers receive excellent and high-quality services. The following is a list of standards that must be met in order to receive approval for a Business Set up Dubai:
- The location needs to be ideal for a spa. In addition, the Dubai Municipality’s planning department must approve your location.
- At the guise of the premise, a signboard must be placed.
- All employees should have a complete medical examination and acquire all required vaccines.
- A closet must be provided for the storage of garments and clothing.
- Wrap massage mattresses only with disposable bed sheet rolls after each use.
- Hand wash basins should be placed in both the hair cutting and facial rooms.
- It is required that sanitary regulations be followed and that suitable lighting and furnishings be maintained.
- Dressing chairs must meet all of the requirements set forth by the municipality. (The dimensions are 3.0m wide by 3.5m long.)
- The minimum distance between the floor and the ceiling must meet the municipality’s requirements of 2.30 metres.
- Various treatments, such as henna application, pedicure, manicure, and more, will be assigned to separate rooms.
- Water heaters and suitable lighting must be available on the premises.
- Cosmetics and personal care goods should be registered with the Dubai Municipality’s Product Safety Division.
- Obtaining authorisation from the Dubai Health Authority for the use of certain machines in your spa facility is required.
- On-site, a revised employee list and an OHC Inspection form should be accessible.
How to register a Spa business and collect the License?
The following requirements must be met in order to start a spa business in Dubai:
- Submit the Necessary Documents
To begin the procedure, you must first submit all required paperwork to the Company Registry. Submit copies of your business partners’ passports and visas as well.
- Choose a name for your Spa and get an Approval
After that, you must choose a distinctive and distinct name for your company and acquire Department of Economic Development clearance.
3. Obtain the DED Approval
The authorities will analyse and verify the information after receiving all of the necessary documents and the name. The DED will approve your request after receiving confirmation.
4. Draft the MOA and AOA
The next stage is to draught the Memorandum of Association, which contains the functions and obligations that must be carried out at the premises and must be signed.
5. Rent a Shop
Then, after finishing the process, you must look for a store with minimal infrastructure in order to obtain a tenancy contract and an Ejari Number.
6. Specific Approvals
In Dubai, you must obtain particular licences and permits from the Dubai Municipality’s Planning and Health and Safety Division in order to open a spa.
7. Collect the License
The Department of Economic Development will issue the licence once you have received all of the necessary permissions.
While you can launch a a business in a Dubai Freezone company setup jurisdiction, most spas usually go for obtaining a local license. With a local licence, you can own 100 percent of the business and appoint a Local Service Agent to handle all of the legal paperwork. You will have to wait 60 to 90 days for your Spa licence because it requires clearance from a variety of entities other than the Department of Economic Development.
Keep in mind, you can also go for a Dubai Mainland company Setup.
List of essential documents for obtaining a Spa License in Dubai
- Submit copies of your shareholders’ visas and passports.
- After settling on a name for your Spa, get preliminary clearance from the Department of Economic Development.
- With your regional service dealer, draught and sign the Memorandum of Association and Articles of Association.
- Send in your rental agreement as well as your ejari number.
- Obtain clearance from the Dubai Municipality’s health and safety division as well as the planning section.
- For the workers to be insured, they must have a proper Dubai Health Authority licence.
Cost for Spa License
The cost of forming a company in Dubai might be quite high due to high client expectations. To do so, you’ll need to set aside roughly AED 250,000 to start your company. The costs could include things like a lease for your business or construction work to bring it up to Dubai municipality standards. You may also have expenses such as the cost of machinery and appliances, furniture, consumables, licence fees, and faculty wages.
You get the green light to open your own Spa business in Dubai as soon as you receive your licence. The entire procedure entails a great deal of paperwork, which might take a long time. As a result, to get it ready quickly, team up with a competent business setup organisation that is familiar with the regulations and ordinances in place in Dubai. We are one of Dubai’s leading business consultants and can help you complete the same procedure. Our business experts are skilled enough to create antidotes that are specific to your company’s needs.