When any kind of corruption occurs to the QBW file, the stored data becomes inaccessible which might stake the accounting information of the organization. In such a situation, the user can employ a manual method of restoring the QuickBooks company file from the local backup. This is only possible if the backup is created earlier. Also, in order to restoring the QuickBooks backup of the company file from the local backup, the user will have to have the password for the admin account as a part of the restore process. Read on the post to learn the process to restore backup. To know more about restoring backup files in QuickBooks, make sure to read the post till the end. Or contact us at +1-844-405-0907.
Process to restore backup company file
The process to restore backup company file involves the steps below, but before that the user needs to move the file to the local drive, if the backup company file is on external device like USB or hosting service like Box. The steps to be followed are:
- The very first step is to click the file from the menu bar and then select the Open or restore company
- And then select the restore a backup copy option to restore the data from the backup copy and then click on the next tab
- After that the window will ask for the location of the saved backup copy and then the user will have to select the local backup to restore the company file from the backup stored on to the network or any removable media
Steps to restore backup company file
In case the user has saved the backup copy online, then he/she is supposed to select the online backup option rather than opting for local backup
- The next step is to click on next and then continue after making a choice between online backup and local backup
- The user is then required to use the open backup copy dialog box that appears to navigate to and select the local backup copy for the restoration process
- Moving ahead, the user needs to open tab present in the open backup copy dialog box and then return to the open or restore company window
- After that, window open or restore company will display the where do you want to restore the file? Screen. After which the user needs to hit the next tab
- Now, select the save company file as dialog box and then select the damaged company file to overwrite the data with the data from the backup copy
- The next step is too select the company file and then click on the save tab
- Followed by clicking on yes and then replace the selected company file
- Now, type yes in the text box in the delete entire file window and then hit OK tab.
Well, these were the steps to restore QuickBooks company file backup. However, if you are facing any kind of error, then in that case, you can get in touch with our experts and certified QuickBooks professionals. You can simply ring up at our toll-free number +1-844-405-0907, and our QuickBooks 24/7 Support experts will be happy to help you. Do not hesitate in calling us anytime; we will be there to assist you round the clock.
Read Also: businesslug