Came across QuickBooks error code 15241 and don’t know what can be done to eliminate it? Well, this error generally occurs when a user tries to download or update the payroll services. Also, if the QuickBooks Desktop File Copy Service (FCS) is disabled, then such an error can be experienced. This error appears on the screen stating: The payroll update did not complete successfully. There can be a couple of factors causing such an error in QuickBooks, which we will be elaborating on later in this post. To know more, make sure to read the post till the end. Or you can also get in touch with our experts for any further assistance.
What is QuickBooks Error 15241?
There are various services required for QuickBooks to function correctly. Failure of any service can cause errors in the application. File Copy Service (FCS) is a service that is needed to install and execute payroll updates, and it gets started in the background of your PC when the update process is initiated. If the Intuit FCS Service gets disabled for some reason, then QuickBooks encounters error 15241 and throws an error message that reads “Error 15241: The payroll update did not complete successfully“. To resolve the error, all you need to do is restart the FCS service, and the steps to do so are listed below.
Why does QuickBooks Payroll Update Error 15241 occurs?
There can be a couple of factors causing this error in QuickBooks. It includes the following:
- If the QuickBooks Desktop File Copy Service (FCS) is disabled.
- In case the downloaded file got corrupted somehow
- Another reason can be if QuickBooks installation was not done properly
- The user can also experience a similar issue if the windows registry files got corrupted due to the installation of QuickBooks
- Any kind of trojan attack can also cause this error
- If any QuickBooks-related file got deleted mistakenly
Steps to get rid of such an error
The user can try to repair QuickBooks using the steps below to eliminate such an error.
For Windows 8/7/Vista and Windows 10 Users:
- At first close your QuickBooks Desktop.
- Select start button from your keyboard and then right-click on Computer.
- Click on manage tab.
- If you are Windows 10 User, then click on the Search button located on the task-bar and then look for Computer.
- Now, right-click on this PC and then select the Manage tab.
- The user should then click on the services tab and also choose applications
- Once done with that click on services and double-click operation on ‘Intuit QuickBooks FSC‘.
- After that click on the Startup type drop-down option.
- Choose manual and apply tabs
- And also hit the start tab and ok tab
- After that open QuickBooks Desktop once more.
- Download QuickBooks Desktop product updates.
- Finally, ‘Update to latest payroll tax tables.
Coming towards the end, we expect that the reader might be able to eliminate the issue successfully. However, if the above steps didn’t help the user in eliminating the issue, then in that scenario contacting our QuickBooks Help Support team at +1-844-405-0907 is suggested. We are a team of certified QuickBooks professionals who work round the clock to provide instant support and assistance.
Read Also: businesslug