Google provides fantastic tools and resources to help eCommerce site owners optimize their websites for search engine traffic. If you’re serious about your business, it’s essential to know how to use all of these resources to your advantage.
This Advanced eCommerce SEO Guide will teach you everything you need to know about using Google’s many different tools to improve your eCommerce business’ search engine rankings, in as little time as possible, with as little effort as possible.
It covers both on-page and off-page optimization in-depth and helps you learn the best practices that Google loves to see used on eCommerce sites across the web today!
What is Search Engine Optimization?
Search Engine Optimization (SEO) is the practice of improving the ranking of a website on search engines. The higher the order, the more likely people are to find the site.
Many factors go into SEO, including the use of keywords, site structure, and backlinks. While there is no guaranteed way to achieve a top ranking, certain things can be done to improve your chances.
How to use SEO in your store
As a business owner, you know that appearing as the top result in a search engine is valuable real estate. After all, studies show that the first result in Google gets 33% of the traffic. This is why it’s important to ensure your website is set up for success with SEO. Here are a few tips:
- Please do your research keyword research before adding them to your website content, product descriptions, and title tags/meta descriptions. This will ensure that you are using relevant, high-traffic keywords to help your website rank higher in search results.
- Make sure your website is mobile-friendly.
When starting an eCommerce business, one of the most important things you can do is select the right keywords. This can be daunting, but luckily, Google has released an Advanced eCommerce SEO guide to help.
Some tips from the guide include using misspellings and plurals of your keywords and looking at related searches.
For example, if you sell flowers, you could also target searches for flower delivery or flower arrangements. Local businesses can also benefit from targeting location-specific keywords like Vancouver Island SEO or BC SEO specialist.
Creating great content
You must understand how the search engine works to create content that ranks well in Google search results. And that’s where Google’s Advanced eCommerce SEO guide comes in.
This guide covers everything from the basics of on-page optimization to more advanced topics like voice search and structured data.
Plus, it includes actionable tips and resources that will help you improve your eCommerce site’s SEO. So whether you’re a beginner or an experienced marketer, this guide is a valuable resource for anyone who wants to learn more about optimising their site for better search visibility.
In any SEO strategy, building backlinks is always a fundamental component. By nature, backlinks are links that point from one website to another.
Google and other search engines use these links as a way to determine the relative importance of websites. The more high-quality backlinks a website has, the higher it will rank in search engine results pages (SERPs).
First, you need to identify what link you’re looking for – do you want an editorial or contextual link? An editorial link would be like 5 Ways A Vancouver SEO Company Can Boost Your Site’s Ranking, where the author recommends your business based on your expertise and background.
Contextual links would be something like Best Restaurants Near Me, where someone clicked on your restaurant after searching for restaurants nearby. With this in mind, you can get started with identifying opportunities for getting those high-quality backlinks.
On-page optimization tips
- Optimize your title tags and meta descriptions.
- Use structured data to markup your products.
- Optimize your images with descriptive file names and alt text.
- Make sure your website is mobile-friendly.
- Use keyword-rich content to attract searchers to your site.
- Promote your products on social media.
- Use Google AdWords to get your products in front of potential customers.
All about product descriptions
As an online retailer, you know that product descriptions are essential. They are what convince customers to buy from you instead of your competition.
But what makes a good product description? And how can you write one that is both informative and persuasive? Google’s Advanced eCommerce SEO Guide has the answers!
Ways to influence relevancy for search engine results pages (SERPs)
- Google’s algorithms are constantly changing, so it’s essential to stay up-to-date on the latest trends.
- Relevancy is determined by several factors, including the content on your website, your website’s authority, and your geographic location.
- You can influence relevancy by optimizing your website for specific keywords and phrases and by building links to your website from high-quality websites.
- You can also influence relevancy by creating local content relevant to your city or region.
- If you want to improve your chances of appearing in SERPs, having a well-optimised website packed with relevant, keyword-rich content is essential.
Tactics for dealing with negative feedback on the web.
- Acknowledge the issue and take responsibility.
- Try to understand the customer’s perspective.
- Apologize and offer a solution.
- Follow up to make sure the problem has been resolved.
- Prevent future negative feedback by addressing potential issues proactively.
- Monitor your online reputation regularly.
- Seek out positive reviews to help offset the negative ones.