Table of Contents
- Swimming for a healthy cardiovascular system
- Health benefits for the body and mind
- The ideal sport even if you are overweight
- Lose weight effectively through swimming training
- Tips for swimming beginners
Swimming for a healthy cardiovascular system
Swimming trains the entire cardiovascular system and thus also has a positive effect on the volume of the lungs. This significantly reduces the risk of cardiovascular diseases such as high blood pressure, arteriosclerosis and heart attacks. In general, swimming helps to get sick less(lifeguard course near me): Movement in the water leads to a strengthening of the immune system with lifeguard course near me.
Health benefits for the body and mind
Swimming activates and strengthens many different muscle groups with a very low risk of injury. At the same time, strength, endurance, coordination and mobility improve. That feels good – and it looks the same: the water resistance strengthens the connective tissue and makes the skin look tighter.
More strength, better posture and stronger muscles – there is no question that swimming brings numerous benefits for the body. But the soul also benefits. In the cool water you can relieve stress and let your thoughts swim away, really clear your head. You feel weightless. And to a certain extent you are…
The ideal sport even if you are overweight
For example, while jogging can help you lose weight, it can put a strain on your joints, while swimming is an extremely gentle sport. In the water, the ligaments and joints are only loaded with about 10 percent of the body weight. This makes swimming the ideal sport for people who are overweight.
Lose weight effectively through swimming training
The calorie consumption when swimming is already very high in a relatively short time due to the many muscle groups that are used at the same time. A woman who weighs around 65 kilograms burns around 310 calories in 30 minutes of swimming at moderate intensity. For a man (approx. 80 kilograms) it would even be around 400 calories.
Tips for swimming beginners
- Try to set aside two to three dates each week for your new exercise program. If you pay attention to regularity when you start swimming, the whole thing will quickly become a lovely (and particularly health-promoting) routine.
- Don’t try to set speed records right at the beginning. Rather, it is worth swimming more slowly at first, but for a little longer. This is good for your stamina and over time you will automatically become faster.
- Do you also master other swimming styles? Perfect, then you are guaranteed not to get bored with your training. Feel free to switch between z. B. breaststroke, front crawl and backstroke. In this way you create different stress stimuli and train different muscle groups.
With a look at the many positive health effects, it quickly becomes clear why crawling and co. are so well received. Swimming is one of the most joint-gentle sports of all, refreshes and keeps you fit (see below). But the whole thing has a small catch: the positive effects in terms of endurance and fitness only pay off to a large extent if the swimmers have really become familiar with the technology.