PHP is an acronym for PHP: Hypertext Pre-processor and it is a popular general-purpose scripting language. It is useful in developing dynamic web pages and interactive web applications. PHP can integrate with popular databases like MySQL, and Oracle and can manage dynamic content, databases, and session tracking.
Uses Of PHP
Most significantly, this language is useful in developing web pages or web applications. Due to its extensive features and benefits, more than 82% of websites use PHP for server-side programming. It is useful for building both static and dynamic web pages and web-based applications. Furthermore, some of the most popular web-based applications such as Facebook, Wikipedia, Tumblr, Slack, and WordPress are scripted in PHP too. It comes with inbuilt mechanisms like SQL query builder, CSRF protection, and routing which makes it a demanding programming language. To further know about it, one can visit PHP Full Stack Developer Training Institute in Noida. Apart from these, given below are some of the practical applications of PHP.
- Web Content Management Systems
- Ecommerce Applications
- GUI-Based Applications
- Image Processing and Graphic Design
- Data Representation
- Creating PDF Files
Why is PHP Popular Among Developers?
PHP is a versatile and platform-independent language that supports most web browsers. It allows a developer to use it on various platforms like Mac OS, Windows, and Linux. It is easy to deploy on almost all the systems and platforms at minimal additional cost as it supports all the major web servers. PHP has strong community support and there are tons of tutorials, FAQs, and tips to help new PHP developers. In addition, it is faster than other scripting languages as it uses its memory which helps in n competing well with speed.
It comes with various tools, frameworks, and practices for fixing vulnerabilities and protecting against cyberattacks. It securely connects with almost any kind of database and allows developers to choose the best database for their application. It is a very stable language as it has been around for almost a quarter century. Most of the bugs in it are fixed, thus making it more secure, efficient, and effective than other languages. Apart from these, given below are a few more reasons why this language is popular among developers.
- Simplicity- It is an easy programming language to master for people just starting to learn to program. Creating a code in PHP is simple, and this code is highly personalized. Thus, improving security and making it easier to protect.
- Open Source- This open-source language comes with a large number of documents. These documents help new developers in learning this language cost-effectively.
- Diversity- It ensures diversity and can run on all major and popular platforms. This feature allows developers to seamlessly integrate websites across multiple platforms.
- Huge Standard Library- It has a huge library that helps in simplifying and speeding the data processing ability of the language. Furthermore, it supports HTTP fetching, URL parsing, and database drivers.
Career Opportunities in PHP
PHP offers a lucrative and promising career as it is useful in multiple sectors all around the globe. This language pairs great with other technical skills and languages and it offers you plenty of career opportunities. It comes in the top five in-demand programming languages and is by far the most used programming language for websites. As per recent statical reports, 80% of the websites are still written in PHP, thus making it a high potential career with great growth opportunities. Many institutes provide PHP Full Stack Developer Training in Gurgaon and one can enroll in them to start a career in it. Given below are some of the career options you can choose after earning PHP.
- Command-line Scripting
- Server-side Scripting
- Database Concepts
- Desktop Application Development
- Web Development Careers
- Compiler-Based Applications
- Computer Programming