Many Microsoft Word users reported that their page layout has suddenly gone black. With the exception of the worksheet itself, the ribbon as much as the sidebars are black. In this article, you can read how this problem arose and how you can solve it.
Why Your Word Screen becomes Black with White Text?
The word screen might turn black if you turn on the Dark Mode from your Windows 11. And MS Office is set automatically to the system theme settings. Consequently, Word adopted the black screen. There are also custom theme settings options in Word; you may have chosen the black theme.
Dark Mode is the coolest edition from Microsoft, and every Dark theme lover is using it now. This Mode is also blended into MS Word. Dark Mode is a blessing for the eyes because it causes less eye strain than White light.
But you might be the opposite who doesn’t want a dark or black screen in the MS Word application! And the reason behind this is justifiable. Dark Mode is also added in the Word, but not all are a fan of this mode.
Typing in the doc file with black canvas and white text is quite not the usual type and eye-pleasing. For this, you might want to change it to White. So, dive into the below section to fix it.
Must Read : How to Download QuickBooks to Computer?
Fix black background white text in Word
To fix Microsoft Word black background with white text issue, you must disable dark mode and enable light mode. You can do that directly from Word settings. It is pretty easy to do.
- Open Word if it is not already opened.
- Click on the File option.
- Choose Options.
- Select General on the sidebar.
- Choose White from the Office Theme dropdown menu.
- Click the Ok button.
- With that, the black background and white text in Word are solved.
- As the first thing, open the Word application. After opening it, click on the File option and choose Options on the sidebar. Sometimes, you might have to choose More > Options.
- The above action will open Word settings. In this window, choose General from the sidebar. Next, select “White” from the Office Theme dropdown menu. Click the Save button.
Also, read: Out of Memory Windows Error Fix
Solution For Android Device
In case you notice a white word document but with a black background on your smartphone, we also have solutions for that.
- Look out for the word application.
- Go to the top left corner of the screen and click the profile icon.
- Tick on settings and follow it up by displaying preferences.turn dark theme to light
- Tap on the light theme.
- These are the options available on windows, mac, and android.
- Furthermore, you will get more solutions to why is my word document black. Click here to learn how to fix your apps if you can’t open them in Windows 10.
Why Is My Word Document Blank
The causes of Microsoft saved Word document opens but no text are uncertain. There are two reasons for this problem. The document has been corrupted in some way. In this case, the content of your Word document is gone, and the file shows up as empty. Malware, virus, or other external threats attack the Word and lead to empty Word document. When you encounter the saved Word document is blank when opened, how to troubleshoot? The next part covers the answers. If your Word document opens blank because that you forgot to save it, the solution is different.
Also Read : Rising Trends in Cross-Platform App Development