The micro truck, commonly known as mini truck or Japanese Kei truck (globally), is famous throughout East Asia and Japan for both personal and commercial use.
Japanese Kei trucks are commonly available in four-wheel and rear-wheel drive. This makes them fit for several uses, situations, and environments. Moreover, they are small enough to fit easily on narrow roads. In addition, you can find these Kei trucks in several locations around the United States of America, Europe, Canada, Africa, and other places across the globe.
Japanese Kei trucks or mini trucks are categorized under light vehicle. Furthermore, they are designed and manufactured to keep the tax, price, and insurance lower. These mini trucks are the best option for delivering goods to small commercial businesses, farmers, and storekeepers.
Additionally, these Kei trucks possess the ability to be resilient, light, fuel-saving, long-lasting, and easy to care for. Individuals all over the world love the Japanese Kei trucks for their multi-purpose ability.
To appreciate the purpose of the popularity of Japanese Kei trucks, you need to dive into the ecosphere of the applications and uses of mini trucks. However, it would be best to understand the utilization of these mini trucks before you decide to purchase them.
Conventionally, Japanese mini trucks were used across several businesses in Asia’s most populous continent. These trucks were used for the following industries:
Uses Of Japanese Kei Trucks
A short time ago, the Kei trucks have found their uses in the supply industry, retail industry, ranches, schools, hospitals, parks, distribution, and other moving businesses.
As a result, mini trucks have made their way into the automobile market worldwide. At the moment, businesses and entities across Europe, the United States of America, and Africa, now influence the Japanese manufactured mini trucks for several purposes.
The Japanese Kei trucks possess 1.8 meters extended pickup beds, seat belts, two-wheel drive (2WD), four-wheel drive (4WD), windshield wipers, radios, lights, heaters, manual and automatic transmissions, air conditioning, internal combustion engine, forced induction engines, etc.
Moreover, the estimated mileage of the mini trucks is approximately 70 kilometers (43 miles) in one gallon of fuel. The Japanese Kei trucks are fuel-saving, off-road terrains that can be used for several purposes and have infinite use. In addition, Kei trucks possess built-in speed controllers to stop these vehicles from surpassing extreme speed limits.
What is Mini Truck?
Mini trucks or Japanese Kei trucks are essentially the same as the typical cars and are called light trucks or lightweight vehicles in Japan and other East Asian countries. The standards of Japanese Kei trucks are:
- Length – Less Than or Equal to 3.40M
- Height –00M or less
- Width – Less Than or Equal to 1.48M
- Engine Capacity – 660 CC (Maximum)
- Maximum Loading Capacity – 350KG (Approximately 771 Pounds) or less
Popularity Of Multi-Purpose Mini Trucks
Japanese Kei trucks or mini trucks are famous worldwide for the following reasons:
- Japanese Kei trucks are ideal types of equipment for farmers.
- Mini trucks are perfect for moving crops, ranch animals, bales, and fertilizers.
- You can use these Kei trucks as passenger cabs for transporting individuals.
- The trucks are fuel-efficient and can deliver goods to small businesses.
- Kei trucks are effectively utilized for jungle safari and hunting.
- Construction companies can use Japanese mini trucks for several tasks.
Why Should You Buy Used Japanese Kei Trucks?
You can buy the used Japanese multi-purpose mini wonders for low prices if you are looking for used ones. However, these mini Japanese vehicles can be costly if you plan to buy a new one. These vehicles are famous all over the world and possess several benefits such as:
- Top quality trucks with additional features as compared to trucks designed and produced in other countries
- Used Japanese Kei trucks are in the best condition, just like sparkling new due to stringent regulations in Japan
- Low priced as compared to brand new Japanese trucks
- Can handle the jobs effectively and more economically than big trucks
- Heavy on performance, light on the pocket, fuel-efficient, and great mileage
- Workplace efficiency and more cargo space
The Popularity Of Japanese Kei Trucks Overseas
The Japanese Kei trucks are gaining popularity in Europe, the United States of America, Canada, and Africa and are now the most selling trucks in these countries. According to research, more than 45 percent of the people looking to buy mini trucks in the United States opt for used Japanese lorries. Some of the reasons for this are:
- Few Failures
- Easy To Handle
- Quiet Engine
- Increased Usability
1. Few Failures
Unquestionably, one of the major attractions of Japanese cars that individuals overseas think of is also valid for Kei trucks. Furthermore, many individuals are stunned at the top quality of performance, technology, and representation of Kei trucks that look like toys to individuals overseas.
2. Easy To Handle
Japanese Kei trucks are suitable for usage on the premises or short distances. For example, the farmers in Japan use these trucks to travel to their cultivated land from their homes. However, they can also be used for delivering goods to a smaller distance, in massive ranches and factories. Moreover, the trucks are lightweight, so it is easy to maintain them.
3. Quiet Engine
Used Japanese mini trucks are best-suited for hunting and chasing animals as they possess a quiet engine. In addition, since the engine sound is noiseless, it isn’t easy to notice when you are adjacent to the target. Moreover, even in East Asian countries like Japan, many individuals use Kei trucks for hunting and chasing animals, and some independents commence custom hunting provisions.
4. Increased Usability
Used Japanese Kei trucks are often utilized instead of carts as work vehicles in ranches, farmsteads, botanical gardens, schools, hospitals, etc.
Compared to wagons, Kei trucks were initially manufactured as automobiles, so they are more significant in all characteristics, including loading capability and seat comfort (with heater and air conditioning for winters and summers).
Some Facts About Japanese Kei Trucks:
Let us look at some of the lesser-known facts about Japanese Kei trucks:
- 4×4 Japanese Kei truck is a multi-purpose, all-terrain (ATV), and off-road terrain.
- The mini truck must pass the obligatory assessment and stringent EPA emissions criteria in Japan.
- Japanese Kei truck engines, liquid-cooled, and multi-cylinder gasoline are available from 550 CC to 660 CC.
- Japanese mini trucks are primarily available with 12-inch tires.
- These trucks come with defrost, heater, wipers, air conditioner, and standard headlights.
- The weight of Japanese mini trucks is approximately 1800lbs (816 Kgs)
The Final Word
In the United States of America, Japanese Kei trucks can be found being used for several undertakings such as hunting, grounds keeping, off-road tours, load carrying, farming, etc. However, even in Europe or countries like Canada, the used Japanese mini trucks are transformed into mini dumper trailers.
Furthermore, in some parts of the world, you can see most people plowing snow with Japanese mini trucks.
Moreover, you should know that these mini trucks will typically last approximately 150,000 miles (around 241401 kilometers) when adequately cared for. However, if you only use these trucks for transportation, they can often last about 200,000 miles (about 321868 kilometers).