The payroll feature of QuickBooks allows users in direct deposit, paying employees, and managing employee benefits. To use these features efficiently, users need to update QuickBooks Desktop and payroll from time to time. While doing so, users sometimes come across QuickBooks payroll error PS077. When the error triggers, a message shows up on the screen saying, “QuickBooks having trouble installing payroll tax table updates.” Follow the complete blog to get more insight on QuickBooks error PS077.
If you are not willing to follow the troubleshooting procedure in order to resolve QuickBooks payroll error PS077, connect with the certified QuickBooks expert’s team by giving a call on our toll-free number 1-855-948-3646 and have words with them
Reasons why you get QuickBooks error message PS077 while updating payroll?
Below are the major factors that lead to this payroll error in QuickBooks:
- The QuickBooks payroll subscription is either inactive or expired.
- The QuickBooks update file you downloaded is damaged or corrupted.
- QuickBooks Desktop application is out-of-date or not registered correctly.
- Inappropriate internet connection settings.
- Presence of damaged file in the CPS folder.
Recommended to read : QuickBooks Update Error 15106
Methods to Troubleshoot & Fix QuickBooks error PS077
Method 1. Check QuickBooks payroll service subscription
- Close QuickBooks company files and reboot your computer.
- Start QuickBooks, choose the Employees menu, and click My Payroll Service.
- Select the Service name and assure the Service Name is correct with Active status.
- Click Edit and check the service key number. If it is incorrect, enter the correct one.
- Select Next and clear the Open Payroll Setup checkbox.
- Click Finish and download the entire payroll update.
Method 2. Register and update the QuickBooks application
- While on the QuickBooks homepage, tap the F2 key to open the Product Information screen.
- Beside the license number, check if the status says Activated and then register QuickBooks.
- To register, go to the QuickBooks Help menu and click Activate QuickBooks Desktop.
- Follow the on-screen instructions and verify the information.
Method 3. Resolve payroll error PS077 by running Quick Fix my Program from the QB Tool Hub
- Close your data files and quit the QuickBooks Desktop.
- Download the setup file of the latest QuickBooks Tool Hub version and save it somewhere you can easily access.
- Follow the on-screen steps, agree to the terms and conditions and locate the QuickBooks Tool Hub icon.
- Click the QuickBooks Tool Hub icon, choose the Program Problems tab and click Quick Fix my Program.
- Open QuickBooks, log in to your company file, and download the latest tax table.
Method 4. Disable User Account Control on Windows
- Open the Run window by tapping Windows + R keys jointly.
- Enter Control Panel in the Run dialog box and click OK.
- Inside the Control Panel, select User Accounts and click Change User Account Control settings.
- Move the slider towards Never Notify and click Yes.
- Restart your workstation and try updating QuickBooks Desktop and payroll.
We are now concluding our blog on QuickBooks payroll error PS077. The troubleshooting solutions mentioned above will surely help you eradicate the issue. If you need any help fixing the same, call us on our toll-free number 1-855-948-3646 and connect with the certified QuickBooks expert’s team for assistance.
Recommended to read : QuickBooks Payroll Update Error 15276