One of the best ways to boost your business online through positive, third-party endorsements is to be found on sites like Yelp and TripAdvisor. However, if you don’t have any reviews listed or your listings aren’t optimized correctly, potential customers will have no way of knowing whether or not they can trust your business and why they should choose you over your competitors. Don’t let this be the case!
Use the tips in this article to create an effective Web Design and online reviews strategy that will bring you more new business and more word-of-mouth recommendations.
Tips to Write Reviews that Convert
- Make sure you have a clear understanding of the service or product you are reviewing.
- Be honest and unbiased with your review; people can see through fake reviews so don’t try to fool anyone!
- Keep it short and sweet, no one likes to read long reviews, keep it simple but relevant.
- Include what you liked about the product or service as well as things you didn’t like about it (if any).
- Lastly, don’t forget to rate the company/product from 1-10 so others know how good or bad they are! A rating that is high means the company or product is great while a rating that is low means they aren’t worth buying.
Things you shouldn’t do when writing reviews
- Don’t leave reviews for your own business. It’s a violation of Yelp’s Terms of Service, so it won’t do you any good in the long run. You can always ask your clients to write reviews themselves!
- Don’t write fake reviews or pay someone else to do it for you. This is against Yelp’s policy and you’ll get caught eventually. Plus, people who read fake reviews will never take them seriously in the future when they are looking for a place to go out or eat dinner with their family.
- Don’t post only negative reviews about your competitors because it makes you look petty and vindictive – even if they deserved it!
Elements every review needs
Every review needs a summary, the reviewer’s experience with the product or service, an assessment of the product or service as a whole, and recommendations for improvement.
Summary – The summary should include what you think about the product or service, and your thoughts on what are their strengths and weaknesses. Your thoughts should be concise but helpful to potential customers. What they do well and where they need improvement.
The Reviewer’s Experience – What did you like? Why did you like it? What don’t you like? Why don’t you like it? Asking these questions will help readers understand how your experience with this product or service has been so far.
Examples of What Great Yelp/Google+/Facebook Review Looks Like
I wish I could give it more than 5 stars because this was the best experience I’ve had in a long time. The team at Web Development Vancouver was there for me every step of the way.
They’re very knowledgeable about their work, and they are always looking out for what is best for their clients. They considered everything, from my budget to my needs, and made sure that everything was just as perfect as it could be.
Web Development Vancouver made us feel like we were their only client! They were so attentive, especially with our timing constraints. They worked hard around the clock on our project until it was finished.
I will be recommending Web Development Vancouver to everyone in need of web design services. Thank you Web Development Vancouver!
Web Development Vancouver is not only affordable but provides excellent service. From start to finish, they make your project come alive on the web and guide you through each phase of the process. My site looks better than I imagined thanks to Web Design North Vancouver.