Parents want everything good for their children right from the time they are in the womb. Most parents go to stainless steel feeding bottle manufacturers to get the best steel water bottles. Steel water bottles are hygienic, easy to wash, and durable. Apart from this, they are good for the environment too. Unlike plastic bottles (which are most prevalent in the market), steel ones are biodegradable, recyclable, reusable, and not going to linger on the earth’s surface for thousands of years((Steel Feeding Bottles For Babies).
Only one thing parents have to worry about using steel bottles is if they are cleaned properly. Giving a thorough wash to feeding bottles is crucial because the babies’ digestive tracts and immune systems are not strong enough to fight harmful bacteria. Therefore, it is necessary to sterilize babies’ bottles after every use. If you don’t know how to sterilize them, this article is for you.
Here, we are going to list a few ways to sterilize or clean steel feeding bottles for babies.
Use UVI Cube
It is a household sanitizer that uses UV light to destroy 99.9 percent of harmful bacteria. You can sterilize baby bottles using sanitizer. Apart from this, you can use the same to sanitize toys, remotes, and everything that your baby touches.
Stainless steel bottles are dishwasher safe. Run the “sterilizing” mode on the dishwasher. It will use high heat and steam to sterilize the bottle in no time. If the dishwasher doesn’t have that option, just wash the bottle and use a high heat drying cycle.
This is the method most parents use. Sterilizing a baby’s feeding bottle in a large pan of boiling water is an ideal way to get rid of germs and prepare the bottle for the next use.
Diluted Bleach Solution
Using a diluted bleach solution will help sanitize the bottle properly. While using the method, one has to ensure to follow the proper instructions for the method, so the same does not cause any harm to the baby.
Use Cold Water
A lightweight and convenient option to sterilize is using a sterilization tablet. The tablets are specifically manufactured for bottles, allowing parents to sterilize the bottle using cold tap water when the microwave or boiling water is unavailable.
Use An Electric Steam Sterilizer
If you have a little more space in the kitchen, it is best to have an electric steam sterilizer. You just need to put the bottles in the sterilizer, add water as per the instructions, and start the sterilizer.
Why Should Parents Sterilize Baby Bottles?
When babies are born, their immune and digestive systems are not strong enough to fight harmful bacteria. They are more prone to infection from unfamiliar germs. That’s why parents must sterilize baby bottles for their newborns. This will kill every germ, virus, or bacteria that might be on the bottle’s surface and prevent the baby from getting sick.
Sterilizing a baby’s bottles is especially necessary if:
- It is a secondhand or hand-me-down bottle
- The baby was born prematurely or has health issues
- The baby has been or is ill
- Your home does not have access to clean drinking water
What If The Bottles Are Not Sterilized?
If bottles are not or not properly sterilized, the baby can be exposed to bacteria and germs that can cause health issues like:
- Gastroenteritis (stomach flu)
- Food poisoning
- Hepatitis A
These issues can be dangerous for your baby. Therefore, it’s better to sterilize baby bottles.
How Often Should Parents Sterilize Baby Bottles?
It is not necessary to sterilize baby’s bottles after every use. A thorough cleaning will do the job. Although, it is always a good thing to pass the bottle through a sterilization process under the following situations:
- When they are newly purchased, before the first use, it is crucial to sanitize them. It is necessary because the bottles may have gone through or touched multiple people and contain a lot of germs on their surface, which is not good for your child’s health.
- If the baby has been sick, then it is vital to sanitize the bottle to make it germ-free and eliminate the chances of your baby catching the same illness again.
- While using the bottle, if you find any build-up in the bottle or within the nipple area, it’s important to sanitize it.
- If the bottle has returned from a journey or any outside activity like a picnic or vacation, it is good to sanitize it.
- If you have been in an area where the tap water is not regulated. It is necessary to wash off the germs with sanitization.
- If you fetch water from a well, you must sterilize the bottle after every use.
Other Things That Need Sterilization
Anything that goes into your little one’s mouth should be sterilized, like:
- Bottle rings
- Feeding accessories
- Parts of the breast pump
Things to Avoid While Sterilizing Baby Bottles
- When using boiling water or steam to sterilize, be careful. Don’t hold the baby while using this method, and also be cautious, so you don’t burn yourself.
- When using a bleach solution, make sure it is diluted as it is a potent chemical, and when undiluted, it can be fatal if ingested.
- When using a plastic feeding bottle, it’s better to not use the heating method as it may make chemicals leach into the content, making it unhealthy to consume.
Babies are delicate; therefore, they should be better taken care of. We recommend parents use stainless steel feeding bottles as they are a more hygienic, eco-friendly, and durable option than plastic and glass bottles. Sanitizing the baby bottles will ensure your child’s good health and help them from potential health risks. Therefore, every new parent should always remember to sanitize the bottles frequently and give them a thorough cleaning after every use.
We hope that the article has provided you with ways to clean steel feeding bottles for babies. If you have any questions or concerns, do let us know in the comment section below. http://businesslug.com/