Nowadays, 18 wheeler accident cases are becoming very common in Huston due to various reasons, which are leading to serious damages and injuries. If you are suffering from any such cases, then you must visit Houston 18 wheeler accident lawyers to handle your truck accident case and make you win with all the compensation amount. Before going into that, you need to understand certain things about the 18 wheeler accident(Law).
1. What are the major types of 18 wheeler accidents?
A large commercial truck can create huge damage and crash other vehicles that are involved at that time. Even the severity of injuries can also be found in different types(Law) of truck accidents. Moreover, these accident types also replicate who will be liable for the crash. Here are a few lists of truck accident types:
- Lost load accident: This type of truck accident occurs when the cargo truck is not secured or loaded properly.
- Head-on collisions: In this type of truck accident, the front end of the truck hits another vehicle in opposite directions.
- Rear-end accidents: Here, the truck crashes into the other vehicle in front of it.
- Side-swipe collisions: When the truck and other vehicles are going in the same direction, and the truck hits the opposite vehicle on the other side.
- Underride accidents: This type of truck accident occurs when a passenger’s vehicle crashes into the side or back of a trailer.
- Wide-turn crashes: Here, the truck accident occurs when steers of the truck left before taking a right turn.
- T-bone accidents: In this type of truck accident, the front part of the truck gets crashes into another vehicle’s side.
- Jackknife accidents: This type of truck accident occurs when the truck’s cab folds back towards the truck’s trailers like a pocketknife.
2. What are the most common causes of increasing 18 wheeler accidents in Houston?
There are different factors that are responsible for 18 wheeler accidents. Among them, some of the common causes are listed out below.
- Driver fatigue
- Unsafe turns
- Over-aggressive driving, speeding, and unsafe lane changes
- Unsafe backing
- Defective truck parts
- distracted driving and driver inattention
- Inadequate training of the truck driver
- tailgating or following too closely
- improperly securing or balancing the cargo or load, or overloading the truck
- improperly managed spaces by the truck driver
- improper maintenance of the trailer or tractor
- driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol
3. Who can be liable in the case of 18 wheeler accident?
Usually, the motor vehicle accident crashes can liable the motorist who was driving at that time. But, this is not the same in the case of 18 wheeler accident as many parties get involved in the case. When it has found that 18 wheeler was at fault, then all the parties have to share all or some of the liabilities. The parties who can be liable for the truck accident damages and injuries may include the following.
- The manufacturer of the truck and the truck parts
- The trucking company
- The truck driver
- The shipping company
- The tractor owner and the trailer owner
- The mechanics of the truck
- The broker
4. What are the damages and injuries that can be claimed in 18 wheeler accident?
If you and your loved one have been experienced damages or injuries in 18 wheeler accident, then you must visit Houston 18 wheeler accident lawyers. They will help you to recover all the important things by keeping an accident claim. Here are lists of claims that can be covered(Law):
- Lost income: This claim is for the time that you have missed from your work.
- Medical expenses: It includes pain medication, occupational or physical rehab, and hospital bills.
- Mental anguish
- Suffering and pain
- Lost quality of life: You can also claim for lost quality of life because of the inability to participate in enjoyable activities or facing disfigurement or physical disabilities.
- Loss of consortium: This can be claimed by your life partner or spouse for the companionship loss because of your injuries.
- Lost earning potential: This can be claimed if injuries disable you from returning to work altogether or returning to full-time work.
- Personal care: It includes home maintenance services, housekeeping, and home health care.
Apart from these, you can also claim compensations for your personal property damages like the cash value of your destroyed vehicle or vehicle repair cost(Law).
5. What is evidence can be used by the 18 wheeler accident lawyers?
The Houston 18 wheeler accident lawyers used to collect evidence from various sources such as:
- Eyewitness statements
- The accident report of police
- dashcam footage or surveillance camera
- Accident scene photos
- hours-of-service logs of truck driver
- The load or freight manifest
- Vehicle repair and damage reports
- employment records of the truck driver
- a toxicology report of truck driver
- dispatch and investigation records of trucking company
- medical reports of your treatment
- maintenance logs of truck
- electronic data recorder information of the truck
After reading this post, you have understood the important things related to 18 wheeler accidents. So, what’s more, what are you looking for? Just book your appointment with the best Houston 18 wheeler accident lawyer to win the accident case(Law).