The QuickBooks update error 12031 is one such error that directly attacks the payroll service of QuickBooks. QuickBooks is vast software that provides numerous services to you, and QuickBooks payroll is amongst its best services. Having a problem with QuickBooks payroll directly affects your company’s productivity by delaying your employees’ salaries. So, it’s best to take care of this error instead of ignoring it. If you think this way and want to know the process to fix this error, you must appreciate yourself for coming to this blog.
The upcoming sections of this blog will share necessary information about the respective error. Read all given information carefully, and please us by asking your doubts regarding the same by dialling 1-855-948-3646.
Introduction of QuickBooks Update Error 12031:
This payroll update-download error proves to be one of the deadliest errors you can encounter while using QuickBooks. This error generally restricts you from downloading payroll updates in QuickBooks. Though this error doesn’t affect your company file directly by attacking it, it can indeed reduce your company’s productivity by delaying salary payments to the employees. That’s we suggest you take all mandatory steps to fix this error as soon as possible.
Factors that can trigger QuickBooks Update Error 12031:
This blog section will help you learn those reasons that have the potential to start this error in QuickBooks.
- If your QuickBooks Desktop cannot connect to the internet.
- If you are using an unsupported browser to download the QuickBooks payroll updates.
- If you are using third-party applications/anti-viruses on your device that can affect the QuickBooks payroll update downloads.
- If the firewall program of your device interrupting the QuickBooks payroll update downloads.
You may read also : QuickBooks PS038 Error
Things to do to fix the QuickBooks Update Error 12031:
We hope that till now, you must have learned some new things about this error. So, let’s end this learning series by sharing the troubleshooting method you can use against the respective error.
- Close QuickBooks, and open the Internet Explorer.
- Go to the Tools option, and then click on Internet Options.
- Go to the Globe icon in the Security tab, and set your security level at no more than medium-high.
Click on the Connections tab, and select the Never Dial a Connection or ISP option (whatever you find).
- Now, click on OK.
- Now, go to the LAN setting, ensure that you check the box Automatically Detect Settings, and check if the Use a Proxy Server Box is unchecked or not.
- If your port is other than port 80, do not uncheck the Proxy Server Box.
- If your port is port 80, uncheck the Proxy Server Box.
- Go to the Advanced Tab, click on Restore Advanced Settings, go to Settings, and make sure you check the box TLS 1.2.
- Click on Ok, and reboot your device.
Now open QuickBooks again and try to download the QuickBooks payroll update. This time you will not find any error message like the previous one as you have resolved the QuickBooks update error 12031. In case you find yourself incapable of performing the troubleshooting method we recommended here, you can avail our services by dialling 1-855-948-3646.
You may read also : QuickBooks Payroll Update Error 15102