QuickBooks is undoubtedly one of the most popular software globally. Its payroll feature helps businesses to provide various benefits to employees.
However, sometimes errors hamper the use of Payroll. One such error is QuickBooks Payroll error 30159. This error arises while accessing payroll subscription.
If you see an error message on your screen which reads “ERROR 30159- Unable to load account for PSID null: Entitlement is Enabled, but Entitlement Unit is deactivated”, then this blog is for you.
Unable to resolve QuickBooks Payroll Error 30159? Get in touch with our specialists to find easy ways to make the error disappear. Dial 1-855-948-3646 for quick support.
Most Common Reasons for QuickBooks Error Message 30159
Some of the reasons for QuickBooks Error Message 30159 are as follows:
- Your payroll subscription is not active.
- The service key is incorrect.
- If the QuickBooks desktop file (paysub.ini) is damaged, this error can appear.
- An incorrect PSID in your company file can cause this error.
- The QB desktop version that you are using is incompatible with Windows version.
- Using an outdated product is also the reason for this error.
- If the company file has an incorrect Employer Identification Number (EIN), this error message can pop up.
Steps to Follow Before Resolving QB Error 30159
Before resolving QB Error 30159, follow the steps listed below:
- You must ensure that you have the latest version of QuickBooks desktop.
- You should also download the latest payroll tax table update.
Troubleshooting Methods for QB Error Code 30159
QB Error Code 30159 can be easily rectified by the following methods:
Method 1: Verification of Desktop Payroll Subscription
You can verify desktop payroll subscription by following these steps:
- Open the ‘QuickBooks Desktop Payroll Account Maintenance’ page and check if the payroll service is active.
- Close the page and reboot your computer.
- Now again download the payroll updates.
- You should now reset the QB desktop updates.
If you still see the error, move on to the following method.
Method 2: Renaming the paysub.ini File
To rename this file, follow these steps:
- Close the QB desktop.
- Now rename every paysub.ini file. You can add an extra letter or number for each file.
- Open the ‘QuickBooks Desktop Payroll Account Maintenance’ page and check whether the payroll is active.
Now the error should be eliminated but if you still find the error, move on to the next method.
Method 3: Installing QB in safe mode
To install QuickBooks in selective startup (safe mode), follow these steps:
Step 1: Create a backup of your company file.
Step 2: Make an extra copy of your QB desktop and license information.
Step 3: Start your computer in safe mode.
- Press ‘Windows+R’ to open the ‘Run’ command.
- Now type ‘msconfig’ and then select ‘OK’.
- Go to the ‘General’ tab and select ‘Selective startup’ and ‘Load system services’.
- Now in the ‘Services’ tab, choose the option ‘Hide all Microsoft Services’.
- Select ‘Disable All’.
- Now uncheck the ‘Hide all Microsoft Services’ checkbox.
- Select ‘Windows Installer’ checkbox from the list of services.
- Select ‘OK’.
- Restart the system.
Step 4: Install the QuickBooks desktop
Step 5: Restore your computer to the Normal Startup Mode
In this blog, we have discussed about QuickBooks Payroll Error 30159. Furthermore, we also learned about various methods to eliminate this error. You need to follow all the steps in the proper sequence to get rid of this error.
If you require further assistance, feel free to reach out to our experts by dialling 1-855-948-3646.
You may read also : QuickBooks Payroll Error PS107