QuickBooks Error PS058 is a payroll update error that, like other payroll update errors, hinders the installation of the latest payroll updates. You might face this error due to several reasons that we will be discussing in this article. Along with the causes that trigger the error, you will also read about the solutions that you can easily implement to resolve the error in no time. So, stick to this article until the end to read all you need to know to become an expert in resolving payroll update error PS058 in QuickBooks Desktop.
Dial 1.855.738.2784 to speak to one of our certified QuickBooks Desktop experts for immediate help resolving payroll update error PS058
Top Reasons for the Occurrence of Error Code PS058 in QuickBooks Desktop
- If you are directly updating the payroll in QuickBooks without updating the QuickBooks Desktop program.
- Installing the payroll updates without resetting them.
You may read also : QuickBooks Error 15271
Troubleshooting methods for the QuickBooks Error PS058
In order to be able to add the existing payroll subscription to your payroll, you will need some leads to follow. Here we are providing you with a detailed yet easy guidebook to get you figured out.
Solution 1: Update the QuickBooks Desktop to its latest release
Check if you have the latest release by pressing the F2 key or Ctrl+1 on QuickBooks Desktop to open the Product Information window. If you need to update, follow:
- You will see the Help menu on the screen; first, click on it, then select Update QuickBooks Desktop.
- Click the Update Now tab. If you need to clear all the older updates, select the Reset Update from the checkboxes.
- To commence the download, select Get Updates.
- Restart QuickBooks when the download is finished.
- To install the download, accept the option if you are prompted.
The old version of QuickBooks must be updated to the latest one because it can lead to not only Error PS058 but other errors as well.
Solution 2: Get the freshest version of the QuickBooks Desktop tax table
Your tax tables will automatically get updates if you are using QuickBooks Online Payroll. Perform these steps if you are not using QuickBooks Online Payroll.
- Select Get Payroll Updates from the Employees menu
- Check the Download Entire Update checkbox, then hit the Download Latest Update option. You’ll get a notifying window letting you know the completion of the download.
Apart from the two solutions above, you can also try setting Internet Explorer as your default internet browser to troubleshoot the error, and you must also ensure that QuickBooks and its related domains like Intuit.com are not blocked by your Windows firewall or other security apps. Once all this is done, retry to download and install the latest payroll updates and check if all these troubleshooting solutions help you resolve QuickBooks error PS058. If not, then the last resort to resolve the error is to get in touch with the team of certified QuickBooks Desktop experts by dialing QuickBooks payroll technical support number 1.855.738.2784.
This article is posted on businesslug.com