QuickBooks is an accounting application whose popularity has surged over the years and a large number of users are downloading and installing the QB Desktop on their system. One error that especially troubles them while installing this application is the QuickBooks Error 1904.
This installation error gets provoked due to various reasons but the most prominent reason is the damaged Microsoft Windows components on the computer.
Here’s the blog which will guide you with the best methods to eliminate this error.
If you desire to eradicate the QuickBooks Error 1904 quickly and effectively, just dial 1-855-856-0042 to contact our QB Experts Team.
Why do Users Confront the Error 1904 in QB Desktop?
The Error 1904 in QB Desktop occurs due to the reasons listed below:
- Some of the applications on the computer like firewall and anti-virus software can obstruct the installation of the QB Desktop because of incorrect settings.
- This error can arise if there are some problems within the Microsoft Windows components on the system.
Recommended to read: QuickBooks Error 6155
Easiest Methods to Eliminate the QB Installation Error 1904
The QB Installation Error 1904 can be eradicated using the methods described below:
Method 1: Fix this installation error quickly by executing the QB Install Diagnostic Tool
- To execute the QB Install Diagnostic Tool, you need to download the QuickBooks Tool Hub from the official website of Intuit and save it to an easy-to-access location on your computer.
- After that, you must install the tool hub just by opening the ‘QuickBooksToolHub.exe’ file and following all the necessary steps as shown on the screen.
- Now, you have to launch the tool hub and then quickly identify and strike on the ‘Installation Issues’ tab to start executing the ‘QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool’.
- This tool will remove all the installation issues from your QB Desktop and then you should restart your system, and again try to install the QB application.
Method 2: Sign into Windows with admin privileges and modify your user settings to eradicate this installation error
- For this method, you should locate the ‘Start’ button on your Windows desktop and then strike on it to write ‘CMD’ in the relevant search field.
- After that, you must choose the ‘Run as administrator option after right-clicking the ‘CMD’ icon and then quickly proceed to write ‘net user administrator/active: yes in the window.
- Now, hit the ‘Enter’ key, and when the above-mentioned command is fully executed, you should move out of the command window and then tap on the ‘Start’ button to log out of the Windows.
- At this point, you should log into Windows using the ‘Administrator’ account and then proceed to the ‘Program Files’ folder in your C: drive.
- Thereafter, you should search for the ‘Common Files’ folder within the ‘Program Files’ folder and then right-click on it to choose the ‘Properties’ option.
- In the ‘Properties’ window, you should move towards the ‘Security’ tab and then tap on the ‘Edit’ button to choose the ‘Users’ option.
- After that, you should search for the ‘Modify’, ‘Read & Execute’ ,’List folder contents’, ‘Read’ and ‘Write’ checkboxes and mark all of them to switch on these user permissions.
- Now you can save the changes implemented till now by clicking on the ‘Apply’ and ‘OK’ buttons and thereafter install the QB Desktop.
The QuickBooks Error 1904 can be eliminated very easily by implementing the methods explained above. If, however, you require further assistance regarding this error, you can dial 1-855-856-0042 to connect with our QB Professionals Team.
Also read: QuickBooks Error 6210?