At times, dealing with payroll errors can be difficult as they can be quite challenging to resolve. However, some errors can be resolved independently and that too within a short time. In this informative article, we are going to focus on the QuickBooks error 15101 that triggers on your QB screen when you are in the process of updating your payroll tax table. Hence, if you are facing the payroll update error 15101 and looking for a suitable way to get rid of it, have a look at this informative article and gather all the necessary info about it.
Can you not fix the QuickBooks payroll update error 15101 even after several attempts? Directly reach out to one of the experienced professionals for proper guidance through our Toll-Free 1.855.738.2784
Why do you Get Payroll Update Error 15101 in QuickBooks?
You mainly encounter the issue when there is some problem with your internet settings or with your Windows firewall configuration.
How to Permanently Troubleshoot QuickBooks Desktop Error Code 15101?
The following processes of debugging the payroll update error will help you get rid of it. Check them out and perform each step carefully-
SOLUTION 1: Manually set up Windows Firewall settings
1.Select the ‘Start’ menu on the Windows desktop.
2. In the search bar, type ‘Windows Firewall’ and open it.
3. Go to ‘Advanced Settings’, click twice on ‘Inbound Rule’ and then ‘New Rule’.
4. Choose ‘Port’ and then ‘Next’.
5. Checkmark the ‘TCP’ checkbox.
6. In the ‘Specific local ports’, type your desired specific ports:
-QuickBooks Desktop 2020: 8019, XXXXX
-QuickBooks Desktop 2019: 8019, XXXXX
-QuickBooks Desktop 2018: 8019, 56728, 55378-55382
-QuickBooks Desktop 2017: 8019, 56727, 55373-55377
7. Now, click ‘Next’, then ‘Allow the Connection’.
8. Hit ’Next’ again and checkmark the given profiles.
9. Select ‘Next’ to add a rule; For instance, you can name it ‘XYZ(year)’.At last, tap ‘Finish’.
SOLUTION 2: Apply Quick Fix my Program Tool from QuickBooks Tool Hub and then Update QuickBooks
1. You need to download the current version of QuickBooks Tool Hub and save the downloaded file to an easy location.
2. Run the ‘QuickBooksToolHub.exe’ file to begin the installation.
3. Proceed with the instructions prompted and at last click ‘Finish’.
4. Now that you have installed the application, open it and go to the ‘Program Problems’ menu.
5. Choose ‘Quick Fix my Program’ and let the tool function.
6. After that, go to QuickBooks and open the company file.
7. Select ‘Help’ and hit ‘Update QuickBooks Desktop’.
8. Choose ‘Update Now’ and checkmark the ‘Reset Update’ checkbox.
9. Next, click ‘Get Updates’; when updated, exit and re-open QuickBooks.
10. Hit the ‘Help’ menu and select ‘Update QuickBooks Desktop’.
11. Click ‘Overview’ and then ‘Update Now’.
After going through this article on QuickBooks error 15101, we hope by now you must have effectively resolved the issue. Sometimes, due to some unexpected glitch, you might face trouble while performing the solutions. In such a case, immediately connect with our technical support team for help at Toll-Free 1.855.738.2784.
Related Search Terms: Error 15101 Updating Payroll in QuickBooks, QuickBooks 2018 Error 15101, QuickBooks Desktop Error 15101, QuickBooks Enterprise Update Error 15101, QuickBooks Error Code 15101, QuickBooks Error Message 15101, QuickBooks giving Error Message 15101, QuickBooks Payroll Update Error 15101
read also : move quickbooks company file to a new computer