Two types of people are searching for educational app development services; academics and entrepreneurs. But the purposes of those two kinds of people are completely different; one is service and another one is business.
But in reality, what kind of purpose can be fulfilled by app development companies? Do they only support entrepreneurs intending to earn money? Not really.
In this blog, you can find out how the educational app development process is flexible to chase your goal and vision.
Why Should You Develop an Educational App?
The first step in the app development process is finding the purpose. In our case, an educational application can be developed for any on-campus academic purposes, off-campus academic purposes, open-source for students as a service, e-learning application, etc. That means, the ‘educational app’ is a general word that is used to denote all these kinds of applications.
So, first of all, you need to find out what is your need; and why should you develop the educational application. Then, you have to fix the revenue model of the application. If you are an NGO that wishes to develop an application for education, then provide your service for free. It depends on your vision. Now let’s check some examples of educational applications.
- On-campus Academic App – For taking attendance, and sharing study material with a close group of users (Example – App for students of a university).
- Off-campus Academic App – It can do all the academic activities for the users who enrolled as a student in the app. (Example- App for online courses).
- Open Source App – Any users can access the educational content within the application (Example – Online Educational Journals).
- e-Learning App – It is the application that helps the students to learn about their curriculum in-depth (Tutoring App).
Along with these, there are many types of educational applications at this point in time. But these are the common types of educational apps.
Learning App: Helping Students Through All Learning Styles
An educational app can support the students in all the stages of learning through all the styles of learning. Let’s dive into this concept in depth. There are four stages of learning for a learner when they enter into a new topic. They are,
- Unconscious Incompetence – In this stage, the learners don’t know about their unawareness,
- Conscious Incompetence – Here, the student learns all that they didn’t know,
- Conscious Competence – The learners need more attention to execute their skills,
- Unconscious Competence – In this stage, they’ll get expertise by practicing.
All these stages of learning can be supported by a custom web app development service for education through multiple styles of learning as follows.
- Visual-Spatial – It is the process of learning by visualization of information from a problem or a situation. It helps the learners to sense the current problem and find solutions by using past experience, understanding, and perceptions. This method of learning can be said to be the first language of the brain.
An application can support the students to learn through this method, by engaging them with the map/ maze/ other visual problem/ gaming interfaces.
- Bodily-Kinesthetic – To explain this concept as simple, it is nothing but the process of learning through hands-on activities. By feeling, touching, sensing, and learning to control the movements of the body, a learner learns to solve a problem.
An educational application can support learners by providing instructions for scientific experiments, activities other than curriculum, etc.
- Musical – The process that includes increasing the hearing ability, recognizing skills, and remembering vocal signals are called musical intelligence. An application can stimulate these abilities by providing rhymes, and learning content like a song, and others.
- Linguistics – It is nothing but a way to learn a communication language to speak, and write properly. The language trainer applications are the best examples of this.
- Logical-Mathematical – This style of learning includes the study of logical and mathematical solutions. Coding is also an application of this kind of logical-mathematical learning. Many applications are teaching coding, proof theory, model theory, and other mathematical lessons with the best visuals and explanation.
A typical educational app can provide a logical and mathematical explanation for any problem or doubts from the students’ side.
- Interpersonal – Gaining knowledge by interacting with other co-learners is also a style/ method of learning. The learner app can support the students to learn through this method by allowing them to join in-app communities and forums.
- Intrapersonal – It is the self-analyzing and improvement process to help the students learn from their mistakes. Many introverted students will benefit from this method. An application can help such students by providing an analysis of their reports on assessments and personalized advice.
- Naturalistic – It is a kind of activity that is stimulated by creating some hobbies like caring for other living things like plants, pets, etc. Simply, it is the method of learning about nature and from nature. The application can provide engaging content through itself to make a new habit for the learner.
Hence, an educational mobile application can help the students at all stages through all learning methods. But to do that it should be developed by a team of professionals with expertise.
How Does An Educational App Earn Profit?
By providing custom features that support the students an educational application can make the values for the users. But how can it earn profit for the entrepreneurs who bought this application and launched it? Here is the answer.
- When your educational application has a high-value content and knowledge-sharing process, the learners are ready to pay to avail of the application.
- You can also follow the freemium model to attract learners. In this model, you can allow the users to access a few features or content for free and collect a premium/ subscription amount to access full features/ content.
- By allowing ads to show on your mobile application, you can ensure a small amount of passive income. But avoid showing too many ads in your educational application, otherwise, it reduces the reliability of your app.
- If you are an NGO, you can also raise funds through your application. To do that, you need to update your terms and conditions, privacy, and policies respectively.
- In-app purchasing is also a great way to earn money from an educational app.
In these ways, an e-learning application can ensure profitability for entrepreneurs.
Educational App Development: Important Things to Focus
Regardless of your purpose of availing and launching an educational application, it must deliver value to the users. Only by doing this, the application will obtain unique competencies, reliability, and reputation in the market.
These are the things that must be obtained to attract more learners. So, you should choose the best app development company to develop your educational application.
By researching reviews, ratings, previous projects, and portfolios you can check the credibility of an app development company. So, do this to get the best educational application.
On a Final Note
As an academician or an entrepreneur, you can avail of an educational application for social service or earning money. Regardless of your vision, a typical educational application should have the useful contents and features that help the learners.
So, creating values is the primary purpose of an educational app that can be obtained through an app which is developed by a reputed mobile app development company.