Oracle is one of the pre-eminent database providers in the world. It has its end-users spread all across the world who use the RDBMS software for the systematic collection of structured data that is stored electronically. In purely technical terms, the Oracle database is an RBMS directory where the data is shared to manage and retrieve later. It was an invention of Lawrence Ellison and his team who had released the software way back in the late 1970s. Nowadays, Oracle has become one of the biggest names in the Information & Technology sector. It mainly finds its use in the storage and organization of data.
Oracle developers are one of the highly paid developers in India, so it is beneficial to learn all about Oracle. If you want to get into Oracle, consider taking Oracle Online Training in India and learn all about RDBMS software.
What is an RDBMS Software?
In a simple definition, a relational database would provide you access to different data points that are relevant to one another. A user may opt to choose between an RDBMS and a DBMS system depending upon his requirements on data accuracy and scalability.
Features of Oracle Database
Read the below features to know about the facets and characteristics of the Oracle database-
- Scalability: Several robust features play a part in rendering the Oracle database scalable as per the requirements of the user. Attributes such as Real Application Clustering and portability play a key role in ensuring that the database is according to the requirement of the user. There is a need for ensuring concurrency and data consistency, which the Oracle database facilitates.
- Availability: In any real-time application, there can be no compromise on availability. If there is a high availability of data from a database, it indicates high performance and computing power. There are no issues with the availability of data in an Oracle database because it is a high-computing environment. Even during system failures, users get access to relational or non-relational data.
- Security: Whenever we speak about data, security becomes a top priority. Oracle RDBMS database secures the user data by implementing user authorization and giving distinct access to the end-users.
- Recovery: Oracle RDBMS stores a large amount of data. So, not only the security of user data becomes crucial, but a recovery feature that is insulated from all kinds of failure possibilities is also important. Moreover, since Oracle promises high availability of data, it is also imperative that during the failure, users do get access to the data they need.
Benefits of Using Oracle Database
Now, since you have understood the characteristics of the Oracle database, it is time to highlight a few advantages. Read below-
- Performance: Oracle database has all the facets and attributes to ensure that high-performance services are provided to the end-users all the time. End-users also have the option to enhance the performance by accessing the performance tuning feature. By using this option, users can implement a faster way of getting and managing the data, and performing query execution.
- Editions: There is an availability of distinct editions available within the Oracle product. So, according to the requirement of features and availability, users can choose to buy any edition they need. Furthermore, users can also update the features if they need to use the latest version. However, to ensure optimal performance and high productivity, it is beneficial to use the latest editions.
- Multiple Database: With Oracle data, you can choose to store multiple databases on a single server. In the toolset, you can spot a feature known as the Instance Caging method. It is beneficial to use this feature to facilitate memory allocation while using several databases.
Oracle database is a prominent database software to store structured data efficiently and securely. It has enough features to satisfy consumers both in low-level applications and enterprise-level applications. Hence, it is quite prevalent at various levels of the industry. Being an intrinsic part of the data management system, the use of RDBMS software will become more prevalent in the future. Make use of the Oracle Training in Delhi to gain knowledge and industry insights pertaining to Oracle applications.