To begin with, Cyber security is the process of defending computers, servers, mobiles, and other electronic devices from cyber-attacks. Given below are the types of Cyber Security.
- Critical Infrastructure Security
- Application Security
- Network Security
- Cloud Security
- Internet of Things (IoT) Security
Importance of Cyber Security:
The primary objective of Cyber security is to protect all kinds of data such as personally identifiable information (PII), protected health information (PHI), personal information, Etc from theft and damage. This technology makes an organization an irresistible target for cybercriminals and helps in defending itself from various types of cyberattacks. To further know about it, one can visit Cyber Security Course in Noida. Given below are some of the reasons Cyber security is important.
- Increase in Cybercrimes- Due to the fast development of technology, the world has seen a rapid and constant increase in cybercrimes from the past few decades. In addition, the development of the dark web has proved to be a boon for cybercriminals who are efficient enough of hacking many devices.
- Tech Users Are Vulnerable- Every business and organization in this world relies on its data and communication technology. In addition, this data is the most vulnerable asset of a business, and attackers mainly attack it. Cyber security helps in minimizing your exposure and safes guards you against attackers.
- Helps In Saving Resources- Businesses have become very vulnerable due to an increase in information breaches such as financial information, health records, trade secrets, personal data. Etc. Moreover, paying for cybersecurity in your organization reduces the risk of losing a fortune through industrial espionage.
- Safeguards Your Business- The main motive of cyber-attacks is to leak sensitive information, corrupt your files and systems, and shut down the systems. Therefore, implementing cyber security in your organization can result in saving your computer systems from viruses. Cyber Security Course in Noida.
What Are Cyber Security Threats?
Here are different types of Cybersecurity threats along with examples.
- Malware Attacks- It is a very common type of attack that infiltrates a system from an insecure link, software download, or E-mail. This attack collects sensitive information and blocks access to a computer network. In addition, it may also result in shutting down the system or destroying the data. Examples are Viruses, Worms, Trojans, Ransomware, File less Malware. Etc.
- Social Engineering Attacks- This is a process of tricking users for providing an entry point for malware. In addition, this process results in extracting sensitive information from the victim and installing malware in their device. Baiting, Pretexting, Phishing, Voice phishing, SMS phishing, Piggybacking. Etc are some of its examples.
- Man-in-the-Middle Attack- It is the process of intercepting the communication between a user and an application. In addition, the main motive of the attacker is to eavesdrop on the communication and steal sensitive data. Examples of this cyber-attack are Wi-Fi eavesdropping, Email hijacking, DNS spoofing, IP spoofing, HTTPS spoofing. Etc.
- Injection Attacks- In this type of attack, an attacker injects malicious input into a web application. In addition, this results in changing the operation of the application by executing various commands. Above all, the main reason for this type of attack is usually insufficient user input validation. Examples are SQL injection, Code injection, OS command injection, LDAP injection.
- Denial-of-Service (DoS) Attack- The primary objective of this attack is to shut down a machine or network and make it inaccessible to its intended users. It overloads the target system with heavy traffic and eliminates the ability of the system to function normally. It includes techniques such as SYN flood DDoS, UDP flood DDoS, HTTP flood DDoS. Etc.
Benefits Of Learning Cyber Security:
Due to increments in technological advancements along with cybercrimes, Cyber Security has become an evergreen field. In addition, it facilitates its professionals to travel the world as these professionals have high demands all over the world. Above all, this career serves the greater good and it provides you a chance to work with your country’s secret agencies. It is one of the most promising career options and many institutions provide Cyber Security Course in Delhi. Apart from these, given below are some of the benefits of learning Cyber Security.
- Good paycheques
- It’s an exciting job
- Multiple industries to choose from
- It allows you to work with top-class organizations
- Highly demanded field
- Good Professional & Personnel Growth