Are you one of those users searching for a solution to reduce the size of Outlook Data file? If your answer is yes, then make sure to read the complete guide to understand and learn about the methods to solve this query.
As a Microsoft Outlook, one may be amicable with this query. With the gathering of multiple emails, the MS Outlook mailbox grows in size. And, most of the users often either need to remember this situation or pay attention to this altogether. The only time a user pays attention to this query is when they get a “Mailbox Full” error message while trying to access the mailbox.
What are the Methods to Reduce the Size of Outlook Data File?
To send or receive emails without any issues, it is crucial to reduce the size of Outlook data file. Removing some of the emails and attachments would be the easiest way to complete this task. Microsoft Outlook has offered in-built features in Outlook to deal with such situations. Also, we will also explain an automated solution to help you compress PST file size.
1. Remove Large Outlook Emails & Attachments
Deleting large emails along with attachments is the best decision when it comes down to reduce the size of Outlook data file. Instead of randomly removing large emails & attachments, it would be better to follow a perfect approach to manage Outlook attachments properly. Here follow the below-listed steps:-
- Open & Launch Microsoft Outlook & In the folder list, choose search folder then select New search folder.
- Now scroll a little down the list and make sure to choose Large Mail option under the organizing Mail. After that, select customize search folder.
- You can now choose a specific size “Show Mail Greater than” dialog box. Press the OK button to continue.
- Hit on the OK button to start the procedure.
Whenever you face mailbox size issues, simply navigate to the Search Folder. After that, you can press the newly made folder, and remove the emails which are not as important to you. Also, if you want you can save the attachments to your drive before removing them. Repeat the same process, until your mailbox has enough space for the new emails.
Also Read:- How to Recover Emails From Corrupted PST Files?
2. Use the Mailbox Clean-Up Tool
Simply get through these simple instructions to complete this task:-
- Open Outlook and go to File>>Info>>Clean up Tools option afterward.
- By using the Mailbox clean-up option, users will be able to preview their mailbox size/mailbox folder size. Also, users will be able to find items larger/older than a specified limit.
- After that, choose the AutoArchive option to move your unwanted items into a separate folder automatically. Next, browse and choose the desired location where you wish to save your archived items.
- The Empty option helps the users to delete all the present in the Deleted Items folder permanently. And before that, you can easily view the folders that are about to be deleted folders and subfolders along with their size.
3.Try a Professional Solution Here!
With the help of a third-party tool, users will be able to reduce the size of Outlook data file without any data loss. There are tools available to compress & compact data files and to eliminate duplicate items from the mailboxes. Thus, we highly recommend the Compress PST Software to compress multiple Outlook PST in bulk to reduce the Outlook mailbox size.
How Does the Software Work to Reduce the Size of Outlook Data File?
Follow these below-listed steps to complete this task:-
- First, Install & Launch the Compress PST Tool on your Windows system.
- Next, navigate to the Add File or Folder option to browse your files.
- You can now select the compress option and choose the categories.
- Press on the Compress PST option at the last.
In the End
A large PST file can trouble MS Outlook users in different ways. Therefore, we have mentioned some manual tricks & techniques as well as the automated solution in the following article. However, you can choose any specific method to reduce the size of Outlook data file as per your requirements.