Internet Message Access Protocol is the most feasible method for receiving email from cloud-based servers (IMAP). Today’s email clients include Microsoft Outlook, Mozilla Thunderbird, Mac Mail, SeaMonkey, Netscape, Incredimail, Zimbra, and others that support the IMAP protocol to download emails from the IMAP server to the local computer.
Are you looking for a good way to export IMAP data from Outlook to PST? If so, this article will show you the top 3 ways to backup IMAP emails to PST files. We’re going to talk about both manual and expert methods in this article for exporting IMAP emails to PST.
Why Do We Need to Backup IMAP Emails?
- data loss as a result of programme crashes.
- Your email data is at risk from malware/virus attacks.
- Damage or failure of the hardware
- Data theft caused by a phishing scam.
IMAP to Outlook PST Export Techniques :-
You can choose between the two methods for backing up your IMAP emails. These methods are very simple to use and highly effective with little chance of data loss.
- Using Outlook, export IMAP data to PST manually
- IMAP Email Backup Using Advanced Software
Method 1 :- Using Outlook, export IMAP data to PST manually :-
This manual method is broken into two sections further. We are aware that once Outlook is set up with an IMAP account, IMAP emails are saved locally in OST format. Therefore, you must export this locally saved OST file to PST format in order to protect the file’s data from damage.
Solution 1: Export IMAP to PST :-
- Open Microsoft Outlook and set up your IMAP account.
- Then select File from the menu. Decide which tab to open and export.
- Select Import/Export from the menu now. It will direct you to the Wizard for Import and Export.
- Click the Next button after selecting the Export to a file option here.
- Select the Outlook Data File (.pst) after that and move on to the following stage.
- You will then have the opportunity to choose The Folder and press the Next button as a result.
- The exported PST file should be saved at the place you specify.
- To convert the IMAP OST file to PST after that, choose your settings below and click Finish.
Solution 2: Change IMAP Settings to POP3 :-
You can also switch the IMAP settings to POP3 in order to backup IMAP emails to PST. Making sure you get the server configuration information while setting up the POP3 account is a challenging undertaking.
- In the Server Information wizard’s Account Type drop-down menu, choose POP3 rather than IMAP.
- Configure it next using the POP3 account server information.
Reminder: When configuring the POP3 account with Outlook, make sure to leave a note on the server for a few days.
- All of the emails from your IMAP account’s Inbox folder are downloaded after the POP3 account has been set up.
Method 2 :- Professional Solution for IMAP to PST:-
IMAP Backup Tool, a third-party tool, is one of the best solutions, according to IT Expects. IMAP data can be exported from this software in PST format, in addition to PDF, PST, EML, EMLX, HTML, and CSV. You will also be able to successfully preserve IMAP data, including attachments, folders, and hierarchies.
Step 1 :- Install the software after downloading it to your Mac OS device.
Step 2 :- Give the IMAP account’s login information whose data you want to backup.
Step 3 :- Choose PST as the format from the Select Export Type menu and use the advanced settings.
Step 4 :- Select a different option, such as Incremental Backup, and then click Change to select a different location to save the resulting files.
Step 5 :- In order to begin backing up the IMAP mailbox to PST format, click the Start Backup button one last time.
Important features :-
- The ability to transmit IMAP emails to a variety of webmail applications, including Gmail, Thunderbird, Office 365, Yahoo, and Outlook.
- For IMAP mailbox contents, PST, EML, EMLX, OST, PDF, MSG, MBOX, and many other file types are supported.
- Simultaneously saves and exports a number of IMAP emails.
- Transferring every email from your IMAP inbox to your live Exchange server without any issues.
- After downloading the data, make a single PST file for all of the emails.
- Create smaller Outlook PST segments Backup After to Prevent Corruption
In conclusion :-
This blog discusses IMAP to PST using both manual and expert approaches. The Manual Method is the best and is free, but if you have sensitive data, it has limitations and disadvantages. If you could select the professional server option for the PST tool, it would be fantastic. A free trial version of the solution is also available.