Ionic is being used by more than 5 million mobile application developers worldwide. Ionic has the potential to create native-like progressive web apps (PWAs). but it is worth mentioning that Ionic applications are at par with native applications, which implies that it brings in the same performance, same flexibility, plus the same code is applicable across platforms.
Mobile App Developers are inclined toward native development as it offers quality performance, durable API integration, and the best functionality. But native app development also has its own downsides. Such applications are device-specific (Android app requires Android smartphones, while iOS applications require iPhones to run).
What is Ionic?
- Ionic offers changing the theme of the applications – adjusting brightness according to the time of the day.
- Ionic is meant to process fast applications, accelerated transitions, touch-optimized gestures, and pre-rendering.
- Developers have the option to choose native device plugins, cameras, geolocation, maps, Bluetooth, and dive into full native SDK at any time.
- The code can be written once, and executed across platforms with cross-platform plugin APIs.
- Ionic applications can be built and deployed on the cloud. It generates native builds, pushes live updates, publishes updates on the app store/play store, and automates the entire process with Ionic app flow.
How does Ionic bridge the gap across platforms?
What must an Ionic developer know?
Hybrid Developers must know how it Portals support the creation of mobile micro frontends that can be deployed to native mobile applications. Its Portal scales up development allowing developers to create, test and deploy in parallel. They can also deploy a micro app across multiple applications.
- Ionic app developers must also know App flow, which helps build, publish, and update apps over time.
- They must know how to generate native binaries (IPA and APK files) using cloud-hosted build environments and managed infrastructure.
- They must know how to automatically publish new versions and updates to the play store and app store.
- They must know how to push remote app updates directly to the users
- Developers know how to automate workflows, create processes, and test workflows.
Knowledge of App flow with CI/CD tools like CircleCL, Jenkins, DevOps, and Cloudbees to extend the existing purpose of DevOps infrastructure with mobile-specific services. Evolved from Angular(JS), therefore it makes it possible to make hybrid mobile apps with elements of web and mobile.
It aspirants do not require learning many new languages in the process. Earlier in time, you needed to learn Java or Kotlin for Android App Development, Swift or Objective – C for Ios App Development, and C# for Windows Phone Apps.
- Enables creating/building/testing and deploying powerful CLI.
- Ionic vs. Code Extension assists in editing.
- It features Hot refresh, which acts as hot reloading to reflect the changes in UI as the code modify at the backend.
What can Ionic programmers create?
Modern user interface prototypes like (1) slider, (2) scroll bars, (3) Show alert button, (4) Avatar Chip with avatars/text/icons, (5) Checkbox, (6) toggle buttons to answer yes or no, (7) input element – single line text box, multiple line text box, (8) Radio Buttons and much more elements that work across platforms.
Why hire Ionic developers?
By far, we’ve learned that Ionic isn’t too difficult to learn or implement into applications. It comes with overwhelming support, is open-source, and has massive features that will not go out of date anytime soon. The cost of Ionic app development isn’t much. You might think of assimilating sources in accordance with business needs.
What skills should Ionic developers possess?
Developers across top app development companies in India possess following essential skills:
- Developers must be aware of Cordova, and angular.
- They must be able to build hybrid applications with maintainable and efficient code.
- They must have strong UI+UX development skills
- They must be able to navigate between native and web technologies.
Over to you: How to Hire an Ionic developer?
Ionic development companies can think about empowering their existing web developers, which are already experient with Ionic best practices, and desktop-based electron app development. It will give them complete control over how to manage the app flow, with limitless customizations, and performance across devices. Even if they need plugins, and third-party libraries, easy access to native device’s features, security, and full access to native SDK, deployable across platforms, and available professional guidance to complete the process.