Among the many errors faced by QuickBooks users, issues while accessing the application are the most common. The QuickBooks not opening issue can occur due to various possible causes like Windows OS having problems, faulty QB installation, etc. If you are getting the infamous QuickBooks has stopped working error while trying to access QuickBooks, follow this article till the end. We are going to discuss the issue in detail, along with its various causes and solutions.
If you have trouble fixing the issue or performing the steps, reach out to us at +1-855-856-0042 to get immediate assistance from our support team.
Why Am I Getting the QuickBooks Desktop has Stopped Working Error?
The QuickBooks not opening issue can occur due to the following reasons –
1. There is some issue with the Windows OS files.
2. Hard disk sectors are corrupt or damaged.
3. The QuickBooks installation is faulty, or the files are damaged.
4. QBWUSER.INI file is either missing or damaged.
5. The company file name exceeds the permissible limit.
Also see: QuickBooks error 6147
Steps on How to Unfreeze QuickBooks?
If your QB closes with no error, perform the steps provided below –
Step 1 – Run a Quick Diagnosis of QB Desktop
Diagnose the QuickBooks application for any bugs or errors causing the issue.
1. Download and install the QuickBooksToolHub.exe file and open it once installed.
2. Find the Installation Issues tab, and then select the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool.
3. Run the tool and initiate the diagnosis process. Once done, rerun QuickBooks.
Step 2 – Mend the Damaged Hard Disk Sectors
The bad hard drive sector can cause the QuickBooks keeps freezing problem.
1. Open the Windows File Manager and click on the C drive.
2. Go to the Properties tab and click on Check Now.
3. Select the Automatically fix file system errors and Attempt recovery of bad sector options.
4. Click Start and begin the repair process.
Step 3 – Perform a Windows OS Installation
Back up your company file beforehand and then reinstall Windows operating system. This will help remove any issues and errors in the operating system that are leading to the QuickBooks is not responding error.
Read this guide to fix QuickBooks Error 6189 816
Step 4 – Repair the QBWUSER.INI File Damage
To fix the damaged QBWUSER.INI file, edit the file name.
1. Navigate to the QBWUSER.INI file from the Windows File Manager.
2. Go to the View tab and click on the Show hidden files, folders, or drives option.
3. Hit Apply and then select OK, followed by right-clicking the file.
4. Select Rename and add .OLD at the end of the file name to repair the damage.
5. Once done, hit Enter to save the modified name and check if the QuickBooks not opening issue is addressed.
If you have executed all the steps and still get the problem then you may like to contact our QB experts by dialing the helpline number.
The steps given above will effectively fix the QuickBooks has stopped working issue. If the issue persists, you might need advanced troubleshooting. Reach out to us to get assistance in fixing the error. For this, dial +1-855-856-0042 and get in touch with our technical team.