Lotus Notes and Microsoft Outlook are the two most used email programs in businesses. Despite this, many organizations must convert lotus NSF data to Outlook in certain circumstances. However, opening NSF files in MS Outlook is unlikely since NSF for Notes and PST for Outlook both use distinct database files that are incompatible.
The Reasons for Converting from NSF to PST
PST to NSF Conversion occurs for a variety of causes.
- In comparison to Lotus Notes, Outlook is less expensive.
- Outlook’s maintenance budget is lower than Lotus Notes’.
- It is a Microsoft Office Suite integrated application, whereas Notes is a stand-alone application (need to purchase)
- Allows users to set up several accounts at the same time.
- Outlook allows you to access your mailboxes while offline, however, Notes does not.
- Outlook has more robust security and data management features than Notes.
- Lotus Notes is less user-friendly than Microsoft Outlook. Outlook is appropriate for both novice and experienced users. Lotus Notes is difficult to figure out for new users.
- Another explanation is that the new operational location may use Outlook as an email client.
Manually Convert NSF to PST
This is an open method for converting Lotus NSF Data to Outlook. Before performing the manual conversion, the user should make a backup copy of the original NSF file, as the file may be damaged during the process. The conversion of NSF to PST files is done manually in two phases.
- Export NSF data to a CSV file for later use.
- Open Microsoft Outlook and import the intermediate CSV file.
NSF Data can be exported as a CSV File.
Follow the instructions below to export NSF files.
- Start the IBM Lotus Notes program.
- Browse for the needed NSF file in the Open Application box and click Open. The NSF file you specified is opened.
- Select Export from the File menu.
- Enter the file name, file location, and saving type in the Export dialogue box.
- For the file, choose the Comma Separated Values format.
- The CSV Export dialogue box appears. From the How much to export, Export Character Set, and Detail to Incorporate sections, choose the most important selections. Click the OK button.
- The data is exported to a CSV file and saved at the specified place.
Using Outlook to Import a CSV File
Follow these steps to import the Intermediate CSV file into Outlook:
- Firstly, Open the Microsoft Outlook software.
- Secondly, Click Open & Export, then Import/Export from the File menu.
- A dialogue box called Import and Export Wizard appears. From the options, choose Import from different software or file. Next should be selected.
- Click Next after selecting Comma Separated Values as the file format.
- Select the target path for the CSV file created earlier with Lotus Notes’ Export command by clicking Browse. Choose the appropriate alternatives.
- Next after selecting the Outlook folder where you wish to save your exported data.
- In the Import a file dialogue box, check the appropriate checkbox and click Finish. By using the same name options, you can alter your target or map custom fields.
- “MS Outlook” would import the CSV file.
Cons of Converting Lotus NSF Data to Outlook Manually
The free NSF to PST conversion method is useful in some instances, but it comes with a number of drawbacks. Here are a few examples:
- For a new user, this is a difficult and time-consuming task.
- Full data migration is time-consuming and error-prone.
- There is a chance of making a manual error.
- If not felt to be proper, this could lead to NSF file corruption.
- Data loss or erroneous data export might be a problem.
- Selective conversion is unlikely.
- Only converts one NSF file at a time, making the process long and tedious.
Using a Professional Solution to Convert NSF to PST
NSF to PST Converter is the greatest professional third-party tool for converting lotus NSF data to Outlook automatically. It is easily accessible on the internet marketplace, which allows consumers to try it out for free before purchasing the NSF to PST conversion application. This NSF to PST Converter program is capable of converting NSF to PST. It also accepts to export all mailbox items to Outlook PST file format, including emails, calendars, attachments, contacts, and journals. It has a simple and clear interface that allows you to convert NSF to PST with ease.
The NSF to PST Converter has some Incredible Capabilities, Including:
- Converts NSF data to PST in a timely and error-free manner.
- The NSF to PST converter can convert many NSF files at once.
- Technical knowledge is not required to use this software.
- Maintains the folder hierarchy and keeps the data secure.
- It has a folder mapping feature.
- This program has a preview option. It can be used in situations where the user requires a preview of an NSF file before converting it to a PST file.
Users of Lotus Notes are migrating to Outlook, necessitating the adoption of NSF to PST Converter Tool. The manual method fails to provide users with the best alternative, whereas the Expert solution makes the procedure as simple as pie. NSF to PST Converter is the finest option for this because it has a lot of features and a user-friendly interface. It also provides a free evaluation version of the software that allows you to convert the first 25 items per folder to test its functionality.