The popularity of QuickBooks software needs no introduction. It consists of the most advanced features and automated tools that assist users incredibly and saves a lot of time by making things easier, faster, and more accurate. On the other hand, it ensures the utmost security of your crucial business data. Sometimes, QuickBooks users face difficulties due to several Error Codes. Here we shall know the easy troubleshooting method for QuickBooks Error 83 that is related to the company file error.
QuickBooks Error 83 is an Error of the 6000 QB Error Series. It appears on the computer screen whenever a QB user tries to open, back up or restore a company file. It reflects an error message that reads “an error occurred when QuickBooks tried to access the company file.” For more information and quick assistance, contact us at 1.855.738.2784
What Causes QuickBooks Desktop Error 6000 83?
Some of the common reasons behind QuickBooks Error 6000 83 are as follows:
- If some QuickBooks Desktop installation files are missing.
- It could be because of insufficient/incorrect Permissions to access the server.
- If the user does not have the required Windows admin level access permissions.
- Insufficient / Incorrect Permissions set for QB Data Service User.
- The user might be trying to convert QuickBooks company file from an old version over a network.
- Firewall or any other security software might have blocked the access to QuickBooks company file.
- Company file is not saved in a Shared folder or either it is damaged.
- The File Extension of the company file is incorrect.
- Multi user Hosting mode is running on other workstations too.
- There might be some data corruption in the Windows operating system. The Regional Language Settings of the Windows OS might have been interchanged to another language except for English.
Recommended to read : QuickBooks OL 393
What are the Symptoms of QuickBooks Desktop Error 83?
Down-below listed are some of the most common symptoms that can show up after you received Error Codes 6000 83 in QuickBooks Desktop:
- You see “QuickBooks Error 83” on your PC, and suddenly the QuickBooks will crash.
- Your Windows OS becomes slow and responds slowly to the keyboard or mouse inputs.
- Your PC freezes automatically for a short while.
How to Troubleshoot QuickBooks Company File Error 83?
The mode of solution solely depends upon the exact reason behind the occurrence of QuickBooks Error 83. There would be three scenarios, i.e.
If the QB user is trying to –
- Open the company files
- Restore the company file
- Create a backup
Here in this context, let us assume that how to resolve the issue successfully at the soonest if the first condition is applied, i.e., “if the user is trying to open the company file.”
Resolving QuickBooks 83 Manually
- First of all, in favor of QuickBooks, configure the Firewall or security software settings.
- Then, verify the company files access permissions.
- Now, to create the Network Descriptor file, scan the folder where your company file is stored.
- Disable the Multi-user access.
- Finally, try to open your company file from a location other than the original one. For this copy the file to another location and then open it. If you are successful in this process, copy and restore it to its actual location.
This may resolve your QuickBooks Error 83 successfully. If due to a different reason or some other technical glitch in the application you are still struggling to get rid of the error then, as a final troubleshooting method you can try to reinstall the QuickBooks Desktop application after taking a secure backup of the company file.