With the right tools link Rufus download, it is very easy to create a Windows bootable USB. Most Windows users do not like to take the risk of booting USBs. While some others are busy making time to create a Windows bootable USB.
However, there are different tools, techniques, software, and mechanisms to create a Windows bootable USB. Rufus download and several other applications deliver quality services.
It is easier than you think when it comes to creating a bootable USB using Rufus download or any other similar application. This article provides information about the Rufus download as well as several other leading applications.
The importance of booting a computer
- Supports multiple platforms such as Linux, Windows, and UEFI.
- Has different formatting and partition options.
- No need to install it.
Best 3 ways to create a Windows bootable USB with Rufus download
These are the best 3 tools you can rely on when creating a bootable USB. But make sure all the necessary equipment is met before the installation of Rufus download.
- Rufus download
Rufus download is an application developed by Pete Batard in 2001. This is open-source software that is used to boot USB drives free of cost. Rufus download is well known as one of the fastest applications to boot USBs.
The Rufus software is almost 13 MB in size so it does not need much space on the device it is installed on. This application only works on Windows, and Rufus can create ISO for software installation that works on Mac, Linux, and any other operating systems.
The origin of Rufus download was that it was necessary to replace the HP USB Disk Storage Format Tool app.
Windows USB/DVD Tool
Windows USB/DVD tool is the official tool that can be used to create both bootable USB and DVD drives. This tool is highly user-friendly and highly effective. You can simply insert the USB drive, select the ISO, and click Next, that’s it.
After the initial format, the Windows USB/DVD tool will create the bootable USB drive within a few minutes. This app is ideal for someone who is looking for a simple straightforward solution when booting a USB. The app is free from all costs and easy to use.
Etcher is a fastly evolving and growing application that enables users to build bootable USBs. The primary motive of the Etcher app was to escape the complexity of selecting multiple options and settings with different Operating-systems.
This application works well on Windows, Linux-based OS, and even macOS. Etcher also has a pro variant that is targeted toward enterprises where 100+ drives need to be flashed simultaneously.
Anyone with even a basic level of IT competency can easily use the Etcher app. But this app carries fewer features when compared to the Rufus download.
Rufus download the app summary
There are over 71 versions of Rufus download that are available on the internet. But Rufus v3.17 is the most installed version because it supports the latest updates of Windows.
- Latest version: 3.17
- Last Updated: October 25th, 2021
- License: Freeware
- OS: Windows 7 or later
- File size: 13.2 MB
- Downloads: 14.3 M
- Author: Pete Batard
- Primary language: English
Features of Rufus download
- Adds deep directory help to Rock Ridge
- To write small ISOs to an ESP (GPT only) add an option
- A cheat mode (Ctrl-SELECT) is introduced to extract material from an external zip folder over the ISO
- To disable the Virtual Hard Disk Collection, add a cheat mode (Alt-G)
- To convert a GPT ESP to Basic Data add a cheat mode (Alt-P) (Windows 10 only)
- Fix x86 32-bit NTFS driver which is used for UEFI: NTFS
- Enhance UEFI: NTFS compatibility with existing UEFI firmware
- Improve startup time by running a background check of the ISO download features
- Delete splash screen from Ubuntu for persistent UEFI drives
- Allow Rufus free executable with ASLR
The easiest guide to creating a bootable USB
There are different ways through which you can get Rufus download. But most Windows users want a Rufus download guide that is safe, quick, and easy.
- Step 1 – The first step is to insert a Rufus bootable USB drive into a running computer.
- Step 2 – Second you should open a command prompt window as an administrator.
- Step 3 – And then type ‘Diskpart.’
- Step 4 – When the command line window opens, type ‘list disk’ and then click the ENTER button. The list disk command will now show all disks on the computer. Then you have to show the driver number or driver letter on the USB flash drive.
- Step 5 – At the command prompt, you must type ‘select disk <X>’, where X stands for the drive number or drive letter of the USB flash drive, and then click ENTER.
So what next…
- Step 6 – Next type ‘clean’, and then click ENTER. By doing so all the data in the USB drive will be deleted.
- Step 7 – Then you have to create a new primary partition on the USB flash drive, type ‘create partition primary, and then click ENTER.
- Step 8 – Type ‘select partition 1’, and click the ENTER button. Now you can easily select the partition you just created.
- Step 9 – Next type ‘format fs=ntfs quick’, and then click ENTER to format the partition.
- Step 10 – And then type ‘active’, and then click ENTER.
- Step 11 – Finally type ‘exit’, and then click ENTER.
- Step 12 – And then you should finish preparing the custom image and save it to the root of the USB flash drive. And now you have successfully created a bootable USB drive using Rufus bootable USB.
You can easily follow these steps and get Rufus downloaded within minutes to create a bootable USB. To learn more about the Rufus software, you can visit the official Rufus download website.